The Leather Shoppe is now accepting orders! :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
All I can say is, I really wish I had dogs that wore collars. I especially wish I didn't have dogs that the 9/10 times they actually wear a collar, they are doing gross things (sand/mud/water/brush).

I would love a nice pretty leather collar. Unfortunately, it would only be worn maybe once a year, and I can't justify purchasing one for that use. :(

xpaeanx

Here is a link to the Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueLynxLeather

I am just now opening, so the only thing posted in it right now are the crate tags. For the June sale you need to tell me here on Chaz(PM is best) what you want, and I will create a custom listing for you on etsy. It's not an everyone sale, it's a Chaz only sale. LOL.

xpaeanx

All I can say is, I really wish I had dogs that wore collars. I especially wish I didn't have dogs that the 9/10 times they actually wear a collar, they are doing gross things (sand/mud/water/brush).

I would love a nice pretty leather collar. Unfortunately, it would only be worn maybe once a year, and I can't justify purchasing one for that use. :(
HaHa. I completely understand that. I go back and forth with having collars on the dogs/not having collars on the dogs. That's actually one of the main reason I made the martingale... I just slip it over their head when I need to and then take it off later. My leash pretty much never leaves the martingale clip.

I am actually also considering getting into making some biothane collars as well, but we'll see. I have a long list of things I want to eventually be selling through this shop (more than I listed as those are just "by the end of the summer" things. :p )

xpaeanx

Next question: how would you feel if all orders came with a small pot of leather dressing? Do you think that a free gift might tempt you more in favor of my collars? Would you feel upset if the pot was per order and not per collar? What about having the option of adding more @.50 each(retail is $1.50 for the small pots) up to max of 2x the #of collars ordered?

(yes, I think about these things at 3am.... Maybe this is why I always feel tired?)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
HaHa. I completely understand that. I go back and forth with having collars on the dogs/not having collars on the dogs. That's actually one of the main reason I made the martingale... I just slip it over their head when I need to and then take it off later. My leash pretty much never leaves the martingale clip.

I am actually also considering getting into making some biothane collars as well, but we'll see. I have a long list of things I want to eventually be selling through this shop (more than I listed as those are just "by the end of the summer" things. :p )
How much did you say the martingales are for, during the sale? :cool: I currently don't have a martingale, and I really like them. Hmmmmm.

xpaeanx

How much did you say the martingales are for, during the sale? :cool: I currently don't have a martingale, and I really like them. Hmmmmm.
So the solid brass chains I had to actually import myself and aside from them costing a lot it was a total PITA. So they're +$20 to any collar and the D rings are available in 1" and 3/4" sizes. Basically they will be listed separately as an "upgrade" for $20.

However, with the sale (again only for Chaz) since less leather and no buckle I would be willing to do a +$12.

I can get "chrome plated" although they don't state what the under material is(I would guess zinc) cheap enough that I would be willing to use those at no additional cost. They are avail in 1", 1.5", & 2". However, I want to stress that they are not brass! Which makes me sad, still looking to scource more martingales.

Alternatively, I can make an all leather limited slip using O rings. These would be at no additional cost as well(and would make me less sad than using zinc by like 100 bajillion times).

Last edited:

xpaeanx

This collar should be at it's new home today. :)

I have decided to add the small jar of dressing with full price orders. I will send either a beeswax dressing or a leather lotion based on the customer's choice at time of purchase.

And locking snaps have been ordered. I will have the alligator snap in 3/4" and another kind in 1". I don't know how to describe the 2nd kind... Sort of like a circular carabiner.

I also have a few new design ideas.... Just waiting on the spots! :)

That would be a cool idea. :)

BTW I started putting your design on. It's looking really cool! :)
I was thinking that, especially people that have ordered a few of your collars, they might not need more leather care stuff, and a key chain with your brand could spread your name. I also thought of it because I'm thinking about getting a new key chain, and if I knew someone who made some nice, soft, leather ones for a decent price........

Awesome, I'm so excited to see it!

xpaeanx

Some new pictures:

First, a custom design: The Hudson

I also decided to play with the braided tag collar idea:

The O ring style can be made as small as 1/4 inch, the buckle style is 1/2 inch. With the buckle style, the buckle and D ring are actually woven in, so even though I separate them with rivets, that's all the rivets are really there to do. So I'll be offering that in larger sizes for people who need more security in a collar but don't necessarily want the agitation style collar.

And one last picture:

xpaeanx

if I knew someone who made some nice, soft, leather ones for a decent price........
So.... I'm getting this strange feeling you want a leather key chain.... haha.

I don't have a maker's stamp yet (since I'm just starting), but even when I do get one it's going to be very simple(likely just a small "-BL-"). But if you want initials, one of my other stamps, or perhaps just one infinity to match hudson's collar I can do that. :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I am so excited to get Quest's collar and leash. Those thin braided collars look very elegant!

Members online

No members online now.