The dog musing/vent thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
What does it mean when my dog chews up and eats his basic obedience class schedule? :rolleyes:

Aaaahahahahahaha oh God my life.

CANNOT
MOVE
OUT
SOON
ENOUGH

NO
MORE
WHITE
CARPET
And mulch for the muddy pit right outside the door, too. :p

This is why I want hardwood floors in whatever house I end up in. Carpet SUCKS.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
What does it mean when my dog chews up and eats his basic obedience class schedule? :rolleyes:

And mulch for the muddy pit right outside the door, too. :p

This is why I want hardwood floors in whatever house I end up in. Carpet SUCKS.
Just be careful with what kind of hard wood. I have brand new hardwood and now it is scratched to crap from the dogs. I want to rip it out and put down tile.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
After watching a bunch of puppy peaks videos, I promptly watched one of Silvia Trkman's tricks dvds and started teaching Feist to jump in a suitcase. This training course may be giving stranger results than anticipated, hahaha.

Sox is starting to get a significant amount of grey; he has grey 'eyebrows' now, which looks really comical, but is making me quite upset. He's not allowed to get old :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

:eek:

Quick honey, grab the video camera in case the baby gets mauled! I'm sure it would go viral on Youtube!
I'm assuming they know their dog. I wouldn't bat an eye if a kid stuck their face in Juno's dish while she was eating...well you know, I would probably stop it lol but you know what I mean. :p

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Hmm... weighed Blossom yesterday (it's been 2.5 weeks) and she's still 44 lbs. She's feeling way better, energy is normal, coat is soft and shiny, and she's nicely muscled, but... still too lean. I can live with it, but it's still too lean. Especially if she has any kind of setback.

It matters most that she's feeling normal to me, but... I'm pouring SO. MUCH. food and so many calories down her throat. I don't even understand where it's all going.

At least she feels good again, that counts for a lot.

ETA: Also, feel free to give your best weight gain foods. She can now eat pretty much anything. We're already doing high fat ground beef (27% fat), oatmeal, potatoes, coconut oil, peanut butter, and lots of skin-on fatty chicken. She's eating a CRAP TON of food per day. Like... 2lbs of meat and several cups of oatmeal/potatoes.

Last edited:

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Honestly I would t tolerate my dogs reacting if a child took their bowl like that. That being said Katie knows not to but she could have done it without anything happening. I also wouldn't tolerate my child taking the bowl away because one day they may do it to the wrong dog but nothing would happen if she did it to my dog

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Honestly I would t tolerate my dogs reacting if a child took their bowl like that. That being said Katie knows not to but she could have done it without anything happening. I also wouldn't tolerate my child taking the bowl away because one day they may do it to the wrong dog but nothing would happen if she did it to my dog
See that's what I think parents don't think through like many of us dog savvy folks to and not just in relation to food and toys. As many of us know, much like dogs , young kids don't generalize ... They don't understand "I can do [insert thing here] to my dog but not to anyone else's dog. And that can have serious ramifications for the child and "other" dogs.

I cringe every time I see a video like this go up on the web, because some dumb ass "parent" (quoted VERY loosely) will watch it and want to try the same thing, only their dog isn't as trusting or forgiving or as well trained as the dog in the video. The child ends up in the hospital, the dog ends up PTS :(

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie woke up in the middle of the night to puke, I was so out that I barely woke up at the sound of her puking. She managed to go to her crate to puke though instead of just puking on the bed or the floor. What a good little dog <3 I would have murdered her if she puked on my special blanket on my bed.

I work in a kennel/daycare that is attached to and underneath a vet clinic. I found out today that being able to pet Gambit without him getting upset is some sort of status symbol among the techs. He has no idea he's so popular.

On the Shaman front, I can't believe I've only had him two months. Seriously, its like he's been here forever

noludoru

Bored Now.
Izzie woke up in the middle of the night to puke, I was so out that I barely woke up at the sound of her puking. She managed to go to her crate to puke though instead of just puking on the bed or the floor. What a good little dog <3 I would have murdered her if she puked on my special blanket on my bed.
She is amazing. Can she teach Middie that trick?

Moo came over and sat on my feet. It was sweet, and exactly what I needed right now. I've been in what seems like a constant state of "don't touch me!" for weeks now. I can do a hug or two, and I can pet the dogs when I come home or even brush them, but I can't stand snuggling or the full-body tackles that Bay and Middie-Moo always do. I don't want a dog on my lap, I don't want snuggles in bed, I don't want a hug when I get home, I just want personal space.

Coming over and sitting on my feet was perfect. It was "I love you, and I want to be touching you, but I'm going to respect your space." Or whatever passes for respecting personal space in Middie's mind. I don't think I ever purchased that expansion pack for his brain. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Came home to three piles of vomit and two piles of crap all over the apartment.

Good thing Cynder is sick, or she'd be dead.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
She is amazing. Can she teach Middie that trick?

Moo came over and sat on my feet. It was sweet, and exactly what I needed right now. I've been in what seems like a constant state of "don't touch me!" for weeks now. I can do a hug or two, and I can pet the dogs when I come home or even brush them, but I can't stand snuggling or the full-body tackles that Bay and Middie-Moo always do. I don't want a dog on my lap, I don't want snuggles in bed, I don't want a hug when I get home, I just want personal space.

Coming over and sitting on my feet was perfect. It was "I love you, and I want to be touching you, but I'm going to respect your space." Or whatever passes for respecting personal space in Middie's mind. I don't think I ever purchased that expansion pack for his brain. :p
She could teach him, but she'd have to charge. Lol

Izzie has been very much respecting my space lately which is nice. She sooths her need to touch people by snuggling with my friends and snarfing in their faces.

Carma is in heat and was fine up until today, day 11. Today is the first day that I feel confident in blaming her ridiculous behavior on the raging hormones. Today she is an absolute idiot.

Wahh. :(

Members online