The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Brian and I are celebrating 8 years of marriage today :) who'd have thought :p

Going to be a low key day though but that's ok with me. No money lol. picking up the van today after it got fixed, we need a new dishwasher since ours kicked the bucket the other day ... and now I need a new phone. PLUS, poor Brian is in the dentist chair getting a crown as we speak lol.

8 years ... hard to believe. It's flown by and I'm even more in love with him now than day 1 :)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Nerd Herd opened slots in their virtual triology. I was too late for the first one but then didn't want to sign up for the rest and not get the whole medal. Now I'm signed up, have no idea what I need to do, except now I believe I have to run 3 5k runs by the end of September! lol

gapeach

Big Mutts

Going to be a low key day though but that's ok with me. No money lol. picking up the van today after it got fixed, we need a new dishwasher since ours kicked the bucket the other day ... and now I need a new phone. PLUS, poor Brian is in the dentist chair getting a crown as we speak lol.

8 years ... hard to believe. It's flown by and I'm even more in love with him now than day 1 :)
Congratulations! Time flies when you're having fun......also goes faster as you get older but we'll stick to the first.:D

Paviche

Duuuuude.

Can I just say that I love you guys' relationship? It's just so natural and meant to be. And it's not even like you post about your marriage incessantly or anything - it's just when you do (or when Brian does), it shines through how much you guys adore each other. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Starting tonight, I get Finnegan for 12 days, all to myself :D
And on that note...

I leave for Cape Breton tomorrow morning!!! Way too **** early, because we're driving, but omg I'm so excited.

I haven't set foot there in a decade. Which is wrong. Just wrong. It was my second home growing up. I'm going to see so much family while I'm there. It will be wonderful!

First big trip with my new guy, too. He's never been to the island and is excited to finally meet some of my family. <3 It will be great to spend the time with him!

ETA; Forgot to add that I will highly likely be meeting up with our single Caper Chazzer, yv0nne! <3

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Congratulations! Time flies when you're having fun......also goes faster as you get older but we'll stick to the first.:D
Thank you. LOL yes we'll stick with the first one. I am not getting old :p :rofl1:

Can I just say that I love you guys' relationship? It's just so natural and meant to be. And it's not even like you post about your marriage incessantly or anything - it's just when you do (or when Brian does), it shines through how much you guys adore each other. :)
Thank you :) That's how we feel about it too lol. We just fit together like the two odd puzzle pieces that no one can find a place for lol.

I do have to add to my good news for the day.

Most awesome day EVER!!!! I mean it's awesome because it's our anniversary but it's been a stressful week with all the things that were breaking and all the money we were going to have to put out. With the vans issues (cracked engine block) and the dishwasher leaking and my Iphone biting the dust (the battery basically crapped out).

We Went to pick up the van and it only cost $68 for the tire rotation and oil change. They ended up getting Honda to cover the cost of the belts they replaced (technically that should have been maintenance stuff) with the engine replacement under warranty. so that was about $300 saved.

we figured with the money we saved there we would go and do a phone upgrade for me. Was going to cost $99 for an upgrade to an Iphone 4S. They asked if I wanted to trade in my old phone and it would be worth $118 lol so I got my upgrade for free and the extra amount they applied to our next bill :D So to say it's been a great day is an understatement lol. We were prepared to be down to pennies until Brians next payday. Thanks God... fist bump lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I on so happy for you Babyblue!!
Thanks, but that was posted before the other post. :(

He sent me a text letting me know they are benign, but then actually got the results and was told he needs to see a pulmonologist and oncologist immediately. He's still at the pulmonologist, and they rescheduled the oncologist from monday to tomorrow. So my guess is it is not good news. :(

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Pretty much completely caught up on laundry. Got miss Harlow and Colt (house guest) out for a nice walk. Lucy had her eval earlier, so is exhausted. Now some White Collar before I get back at the dishes and vacuuming.

Ice cream at lunch tomorrow at work FTW. Using some of my check that comes in tomorrow to get a new tea kettle and pot.

ETA: OH! And got a call about Luce. A couple in the UP who is very active. Sooo, hopefully that turns out! :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Just scored myself a freelance coding job and he said he's got plenty of work for me if I want it. And he took the rate I threw out without any negotiating.
yeeeeeeeeee.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Went and worked pug at the field tonight because I needed some time out of the house.

Working Izzie makes me feel so much better every time. Loving life right now and so excited for the future.

Members online

No members online now.