Messy eater

babygirl

My german sheperd is so messy when he eats. He grabs a mouth full of food and carries it all around the house dropping pieces as he walks. :mad: It is very annoying. We step on pieces of food not to mention the fact that i have to vaccum at least twice a day. If anybody has any advice it would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
babygirl

avenlee

some dogs are just like that. I would suggest to just watch him and pick up what he's dropped. I used this dog food with my Westie. Can't even remember the brand but it had little bone forms in it and she would NOT eat them. She'd take a mouthful and spit the bone figures out, so I had a bunch of them all over the kitchen. LOL Luckily for me, however, Sadie, would go around and vaccuum them up. :)

Debi

Hammie eats the same way, so now he is only allowed to eat on the back porch. My favorite...take a big bite then carry it to the carpet to smoosh around!! When he was a little puppy, I'd also have food all over the kitchen. For some reason (probably cause there isn't any carpeting) he isn't very messy on the porch.........also, he's too concerned with coming back in the house. :)

bogolove

Lately Brady has been bringing it by the mouthful into the living room and dropping it in the floor and just looking at it. Yep, that's my boy, he often leaves me wondering :rolleyes:

bogolove

I know! I need to take him to do the basic obedience training so that I can get him into agility or something like that. Or if they have some sort of class where he can sniff out stuff, he really likes to sniff things-me, the ground, Matt, the cat....it is like he is trying to figure out where we have been. He ALWAYS sniffs my pant legs when I come home, even if I am just coming home from work or the gym. Silly dog. but I looked into those agility classes and of course they have to know how to stay and all that, well Brady can sit and lie down and give me a kiss, but that is about it. I have tried stay, but he seems to get agitated with having to stay somewhere when I walk off. He is a momma's boy.

josephine

Mine did that also and when she wasn't hungry she would try and burry it under the carpet or in the sides of the couch(she's not allowed to jump on the couch though so she doesn't do that anymore)...so i just feed her outside.i guess she's not that comfortable with her bowl or something.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I think it just comes with instinct they are just hiding it for protecton or for later use.

LOL, Josephine! That reminds me of my Buffy, my first Fila. She would eat a bit, then flip her bowl over, sweep all the food together in a pile with her big nose, then flip her bowl back over the pile, upside down so that it was covered and shove the whole thing into a corner.

Buffy was a strange and wonderful creature.

Members online