vibes for Renegade?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ren has been obviously under the weather for some time now. With the cold weather coming, I figured he had caught a cold or other bug, and decided to let it run it's course.

I was away from my house for the weekend, and I came home to hearing how he seems to have gotten worse.

It's just some coughing and obvious congestion, but he panics when it happens which in turn makes it worse.

We're heading to the vet tomorrow morning, with hopes of it being something that some antibiotics and cuddles can clear up. I am, however, worried that it is something worse, he is 6 1/2 and isn't the healthiest ferret ever.

Vibes it is something simple to fix? I hate seeing my cuddlebunny feeling off :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
*lots of ferret-get-well vibes* Hopefully it isn't anything serious!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys :)

We are treating it as though it's a URI, and go back in a week to reassess then. If the meds are working, great. If not, we have to look into the option of an enlarged heart (his heart was slightly odd in March when he had xrays, but there was no symptoms back then and it wasn't enough to be worried).

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys :)

Ren had a recheck today. We got more meds for a week. I didn't want to put him through anymore testing.

We're looking at a severely enlarged spleen, fluid on his lungs, and an enlarged heart. Along with quite possibly IBD. And multiple tumors we knew about/suspected.

All in all, my old man is old. :(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh Rennie. Why are you all getting old, you're not allowed to. We will have a silly photoshoot with you next week and remind us of the craziness when you first came home and wouldn't keep your stupid harness on. <3

Members online

No members online now.