I'm must be loosing my mind...

Doberluv

That's what I was thinking Grammy. If they bite it or bite and slobber, sizzzzzz zap!

I wouldn't do it, but then, I'm a paranoid, safety freak.

There is always goose down, wool, thinsulate and all kinds of warm things...if your dog really is cold.

But your mind set, Miss Ashby, is right up there with the rest of us who love our dogs and want to make sure of their comfort at all times. LOL.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
petedge has the heated crate pads, they plug in and are thermostatically controled but are also waterproof and such :)

and welceom to the world of chaz, heated beds, ect are nothing new or strange around here lol

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
The blanket won't be getting used in the crate.

It will be used to try to convince them that the bed they've had for 2 plus years really is as good as Mom's lap. They have to be next to us and I love them for that but sometimes it makes things really difficult. They must have a blanket year round so I think this would help because when they've gotten on the heating pad they freeze and will not move unless I make them.

None of them are chewers - they chew only on things they know they can. It will be inspected often and out in the open (living room).

bubbatd

Then go for it !!! Ollie gets too hot in bed with me ......he's my electric blanket !

Brattina88

Make sure they're washable ;) I got one as a git (for me!) and it isn't washable. "Spot cleaning only" and after 3-4years... it kinda smells! :p lol

Welcome to the crazy club!

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I've always been in the crazy club - I just kept it hidden. ;)

Grammy - my husband often ask our dogs, "What BTU are you running at tonight?" because they get SOO hot if we let them sleep in bed with us.

Doberluv

I'm sure it will be fine. Don't listen to me. I'm neurotic about some things. It's good that they aren't chewers. That right there is a plus.

Members online