Do TB tests hurt?

Paisley

(Sorry if this a stupid question I'm only 12) So I'm going to start volunteering at a nursing home with my guineapig (yes, my guineapig) but before I can do so I need to get a TB test. Needles always kind of scare me and I was wondering if TB tests hurt. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being it didn't hurt at all, and 10 being it hurt like hell) what would it be in your experience? Thanks!

milos_mommy

Everyone feels pain differently, but a TB test should be comparable to getting any other shot or a blood test or something. It will hurt less if you relax. It's nothing to be scared of if you aren't too scared of getting regular shots, a finger prick, or blood drawn (it hurts less than a blood draw usually).

Personally on a scale of 1-10 I'd say a 2.

Have fun volunteering with your Guinea pig!! That sounds like a really fun opportunity.

thehoundgirl

It really doesn't hurt, just a small pinch. Just take a deep breath before they put the needle in. :) The most weird thing is they form a bubble in your skin to test for it. It's an awesome thing you are doing with your guinea pig! Have fun!

xpaeanx

TB tests are the least painful of anything requiring a sharp.

They're planted right underneath the top layer of skin, the needle is TINY, and very little serum is actually inserted. Most people don't even realize I've done anything when I tell them I'm done.

I am 24 and the biggest weenie with needles, but the TB tests hardly bother me at all. I work myself up, of course, but they really don't hurt!

Brattina88

I've had it done several times over the years for work. Doesn't hurt at all!

Members online

No members online now.