Toy Dog Ribbon Collars

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
So, there's a leather collar thread but Tango has super sensitive skin so I'm looking for a nice, light, and possibly soft ribbon collar for him. Show me your favorite places to get ribbon collars that are "5/8 or smaller!

:popcorn:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
For sensitive skin, I go with White Pine. Also, UpCountry has some cute 5/8" collars... we use them in obedience all the time. :)

Saeleofu

Gavroche has really sensitive skin and the only collar I've found that works for him so far is his EL leather lined in suede. I got him a satin-lined Collar Mania ribbon collar and it was awful on his neck - it was sewn with some sort of fishing line type thread (?) and the pokey bits tore him up pretty good.

I have yet to find ribbon collars that I really like - they all seem to have a nylon base, which is pretty harsh. Maybe a fabric collar would work well? Still no help there because I don't know of any fabric collars I really like either lol, mostly because I stopped looking.

How about braided kangaroo? I think Braid-a-Roo charges around $1.50 per inch, so wouldn't be too bad for his size. That's for a tag collar that slips over the head, not sure what options they have for regular collars.

Dekka

Just try me..
I agree that a braided kangaroo or really soft rolled leather is likely going to be less 'harsh' on most necks than nylon.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
There's a $15 minimum as well as the inch price for those who care. She does have red but now I need to figure out how to measure the collar so it will go over his bulbous head but not be too big around his neck.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
So, it's looking like we'll be going with 3 strands red, 1 strand gold, and a brass ring... :D Tango is going to be sexy beast at work! Now to get a small and matching tag.

ETA: Gratuitous Cone of Shame picture:

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Of course! He'll have to strut his stuff for the Chazzers. By the time it gets here, I expect he'll be celebrating his freedom from The Cone too :rofl1:

Grab

I've purchased from there as well (three times) and have been exceptionally pleased each time:)

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I'm excited! Maeve has been super helpful and patient too which is really nice. Tango is so ready to be out of the cone but I'm making him wait a full week because I'm a meeeean mom! Pictures of his compounded shame to come later :D

Saeleofu

That was FAST and it's GORGEOUS! Okay, mind's made up, Logan is totally getting one. As soon as I can decide on colors xD

Members online

No members online now.