Recovering from allergies?

Ok so Pompadour is recovering from allergies, as I mention in this thread here http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/dry-canned-dog-food/12053-source-allergy-opinions.html

He is a lot better now and the itch is stopping :D

However from the allergies his hair has fallen a bit and broken in some areas like the topknot, upperbase of the ears, shoulders, chest and back :eek:

He is a show dog so he needs to recover from the hair damage and irritable skin as soon as possible

The vet told me he can gradually return to a normal diet, he wants to wait a week to introduce chicken again,and says is ok to feed beef and fish.

So Pompadour is on ground beef mixed wit the hill's d/d canned and a salmon oil capsule.

But I want to put him in a raw recovery diet, something that can help him heal his skin and coat fast ;) any menu suggestions welcome, his weight is 9 pounds at the moment.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I know it's not what you want to hear but it takes time for the system to recover from an allergy storm, far longer than just the end of itching. If what you have now is working I would want to continue with it at minimum 6 weeks before you fiddle too much.

The only supplement I believe in as a must is omega 3 from a protein source like fish, krill, or shrimp.

Keep in mind I am not a vet.... JMHO

I see thanks it's so hard to deal wit the allergies :( so I should wait even if he had raw before?
He accepts mush better the beef wit the canned lamb d/d but he don't like too mush the d/d egg kibble.

Poor little guy, I hope he gets better soon.

Saeleofu

Honestly, I think a single-protein raw diet would be MUCH MUCH better than Hills. What is he allergic to? D/d has soy in it and soy can be a huge problem for many dogs.

Honestly, I think a single-protein raw diet would be MUCH MUCH better than Hills. What is he allergic to? D/d has soy in it and soy can be a huge problem for many dogs.
It looks like he is allergic to the dust that came from a plumbing job, this happened a month ago, Pompadour was fine before the workers came.

The plumbers were fixing a bathtube and they had to break away some bricks to fix the tubes, the bricks had nasty mold, two days after they left Pompadour stared licking his paws. :(

Here are some pics, of his condition:

Here is how he was before the allergy, nice thick fluffy red hair.

Now wit the allergy half of the back part of his topknot is gone and a bald area on the left ear :cry:

Lost of hair on the right elbow also on chest.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Poor guy. Give him some time but I'm sure he'll be back in shape soon. You may want to check into a volumizer if you're that eager to get back into showing sooner rather than later.

In the mean time lots of sunshine, walks, and scritches. ;)

Members online

No members online now.