Science Diet Nature's Best?

Juicy

This is what my sister had her dogs on now, the kibble is real small and her dogs are picky when it comes to this food. I know its from SD, but so far I haven't see much problems with the ingredients, compare to the one the vet usually recommends. Is this food ok?

Ingredients: Chicken, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Soybean Meal, Chicken Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Whole Grain Oats, Apples, Cranberries, Soybean Oil, Peas, Carrots, Dried Beet Pulp, Iodized Salt, Flaxseed, Broccoli, Vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's "okay." Lots of grains and fillers. Chicken is the first ingredient but chicken meal comes after four other grains.
I wouldn't feed it.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Not only is it SD, which means it's WAY over priced for the quality you're getting and for the same money you can get SIGNIFICANTLY better food, but also it contains wheat AND soy. And beet pulp (sugary) and salt.

Waste of good money, and there is MUCH better in the same cost catagory.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Icky.

But if her dogs are doing really, really well on it with no problems, and she's tried better foods, I see no problem in feeding it.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Kirkland is pretty good for the price, but if she's looking for something better, I'd look for much higher quality foods and see what results you get. The Dog Food Project is a great place to start.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Better foods at the same price range (according to petfooddirect.com)

Artemis
Avoderm
Blue Buffalo
Chicken Soup
Evangers
Evolve
Halo
Healthwise
etc.

I got bored after the H's ;)

Juicy

Thanks for the list/site.....can dogs be picky because of the size of the kibble too? These are itty bitty kibble and they seem to like those sort of kibbles.

Members online

No members online now.