Just Had A Heart Attack

darkchild16

We are Home.
my brother left a door that isnt closing right unlocked and patches and whisper got out!!!
i about had a dang heart attack Patches doesnt have a reliable recall and she wouldn't come and she almost got hit by a **** ups truck
and whisper is in heat and shouldnt be out without supervision. Now Im not sure if the Yorkie across the street or the boxer down the road got to her and mated with her. And even if they did my mom wont spay her. The only option is the cleanse shot and I'm not sure how long we have for that or if our vet does it.

The only thing that I'm happy about in all this is that Walker is part herder and has those instincts. Thats the only way to get her in the house when she is loose. I walked Walker up to publix with me to buy plants and after the truck passed i unsnapped his leash and told him to take Patches home. and she went straight inside. Then he found Whisper 2 houses down for me.

How can I tell if she was mated with and do the cleanse shots work?

bubbatd

How long was whisper out ??? Takes at least 15 minutes to get " nailed " .

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Lot of vets won't do mismate shots. You may find one that will, but I'd want very clear side effects. I found this a while ago when someone else asked about it for side effect scaryness just to be aware.

I think my dog got out and got pregnant; can you give her a "mismate shot"?
Nope. Not me. There was a time when veterinarians commonly used a drug called ECP, or estradiol cypionate, as a mismate shot. (Some doctors may still use it.) It is not a safe drug; in fact, it has been outlawed in Canada (according to my associate). I used to make owners sign a release of liability before using it, but now the medical associations are saying to just plain not use it for mismating. It can, and often does, cause life-threatening uterine infections. Another drug, PGF2alpha, is much safer, but it is not yet approved for use in the United States. Your best options are to either have your dog spayed (an ovariohysterectomy) or let her have the puppies. This may not be the advice you want to hear if you have a valuable breeding bitch, but it is the best medical advice for your pet.
http://www.thepettribune.com/2001/090101/dogtime2.html

Members online

No members online now.