Girly Stuff

Airn

So... do you mix the oils together before putting it on? Like you have a bottle with castor oil and whatever other oil you use? Or do you combine them when you apply? I suck at measuring and I'm pretty sure I did way too much of both oils. I made the mistake of pouring some castor oil in my hand and then had an "Oh sh*t" moment when I realized I had forgotten the coconut oil.

Any good visual aids to this? (I need pictures or videos because... again.. I suck at measuring. 30%? What?) :rofl1:

Xandra

So... do you mix the oils together before putting it on? Like you have a bottle with castor oil and whatever other oil you use? Or do you combine them when you apply? I suck at measuring and I'm pretty sure I did way too much of both oils. I made the mistake of pouring some castor oil in my hand and then had an "Oh sh*t" moment when I realized I had forgotten the coconut oil.

Any good visual aids to this? (I need pictures or videos because... again.. I suck at measuring. 30%? What?) :rofl1:
Why not just use teaspoons?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know some people have two bottles and just use one from each bottle - I have a small plastic bottle I got from The Container Store and I measured my amounts into that single bottle, and that's what I use. It was way easier for me to do it that way than to mess with two bottles... also I often would use it in the shower (ahhhh, long hot showers while massaging oil all over my face for twenty minutes...) so trying to have both bottles in there was kinda goofy.

For mine, since I use coconut oil, I do like them premixed (as its solid at room temp). I just melted some coconut oil, stirred in some sunflower oil, and added a bit of lavender eo. Then poured it into glass container to let set up. I like having it be more like a butter consistency to start, easier for me to work with.

The one on the left was mostly cooled, the one on the right was still mostly liquid in this pic

I work at a pharmacy so I just stole some RX vials for liquid medicine and use those with it premixed.

Greenmagick, how hard does it get when it's set? As hard as coconut oil or does having the added oils make it less solid? I really like that idea though moisturizing after 'washing'

Airn

I work at a pharmacy so I just stole some RX vials for liquid medicine and use those with it premixed.

Greenmagick, how hard does it get when it's set? As hard as coconut oil or does having the added oils make it less solid? I really like that idea though moisturizing after 'washing'
Lol I work at a pharmacy too. I didn't even think of that.

I think I will pre-mix them. Sees easier and I'm lazy. Getting me to wash my face at night is enough. :rolleyes:

They are fairly soft. Depending on how much liquid oil you add of course that can change but keeping them in the bathroom where it tends to be a bit warmer keeps them pretty nice. Or very easy to melt a bit off with just body heat.

They are very convenient I must say:) Wash....if I feel a bit dry add a little more on and leave it. Slather it on legs, arms, etc as lotion, add a little bit to my hair for flyaways and frizzies....ahhh convenience:)

I do think I may make an actual cold cream at some point...which basically would be adding water to the above and some beeswax to emulsify it.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I would love to do the coconut oil thing for hair but I don't think I can leave it on al night ... I might be able to do 30 min - an hour at the most in the evening (I take my showers at night).... Would it still work?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Just found another amazing use for coconut oil. I used to it get rid of the extra wax on my face after I waxed my lip and it took the wax off like a charm, usually I have to used soap a few times to get rid of it. YAY for coconut oil!!

I decided to start doing this last night after reading this thread. I would think you would have to premix the oils to dilute the caster oil. Basically you can use tbsps, cups, any method you want and just make sure the caster is 1/10, 1/5, or 1/3 of the mixture, depending on if you're doing a 10%, 20%, or 30% dilution. I started with 30%, I have oily skin. I just took and empty body wash container then I put 1/3 cup caster oil and 2/3 cups extra virgin olive oil in it. I liked my day 1 experience. Really hope it clears up my horrible skin! I am nervous cause I read some really ba reviews but I'm gonna give it a good run before I decide.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
What kind of facial wax do you use? The last time I waxed my face it ... Well let's say it was a disaster :/.

I would like to try again but my skin is so sensitive :/
I use Veet face/Bikini & Underarm wax strips

My close friend who owns a organic Pharmacy researched lots of waxing kits for me and this is what she chose to order for me. Just don't use the Finishing wipes to take off the rest of the wax, just use coconut oil,

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Walmart, trader joe's, whole foods..
I prefer coconut oil for the hair. The smell is nice and it seems to work best for my thick curly hair
Same here. I have thick, long, curly hair.

I'll leave the coconut oil in my hair overnight and just bobby pin it up with about 30 pins. Then I'll rinse it out in the morning and shampoo/condition it.

For sleeping (with dry hair), I also pin it up with bobby pins. It holds the curls in.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

Mine are mixed together. I just put them in an empty baby food jar lol. I did 1 part castor oil to 2 parts olive oil. Doesn't matter what "parts" you measure in, depends on how much you want to make!

So far I'm liking it, my skin isn't getting any worse and my "problem areas" actually seem to be improving. Lately the outside corners of my eyebrows have been frustrating me with the little blemishes I've been getting all of a sudden, and they just won't go away... but uh, they're actually starting to go away now!

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Just tried the oil cleansing method for the first time and Holy F-Bomb, I can feel a huge difference in my skin just using it the first time . Like holy crap, i'm actually impressed.

Romy

Taxiderpy
What kind of facial wax do you use? The last time I waxed my face it ... Well let's say it was a disaster :/.

I would like to try again but my skin is so sensitive :/
Have you tried threading? Supposedly wax can damage your facial skin and cause wrinkling in the long run. There are a lot of good threading tutorials on youtube and it's practically free, plus no wax mess.

I bought a home electrolysis kit to slowly slowly destroy my leg hairs. Slowly. Slooowwllly. lol. Use it very occasionally on my face at the lowest setting and have had zero problems with scarring or anything, and it really does work to kill the hair follicle.

noludoru

Bored Now.

Mix in a separate container. Always, always have the oil you use daily in a separate container from the large one you purchase. Oil can and does get contaminated and go bad. My last two bottles of jojoba oil have gone bad, as has my last bottle of argan oil.

This is a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing, though, as I am 1/3 of the way through a bottle of vitamin e right now and am just keeping it in the shower.

As to the OCM - I'm down for the experiment. My skin has been getting progressively worse since I stopped using oil on it every day, and I'm breaking out and bumpy and have blackheads and scars. I'm going to go back to the oil and see if it clears up. I think I'll do some before/after pictures. Anyone else down for that? :p

Members online

No members online now.