the house of rocks

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i went to the rock pile again..and told the people that work there about my arts unleashed sucesses..so i thought i would share where i get my medium from..i find this place truly fascinating! :D http://www.thehouseofrocks.com/pages/1/index.htm
I am going to send them this link so they can meet all my good friends at Chazhound..so bear with me while i add some links to my posts of finished pieces...Say Hi to Fritz and Company! If it wasn't for their generosity towards me, i could never do what it is i do.."if they would put me in the zoo" Dr.Seuss ;) http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9176
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8086
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3039
i gotta stick this one in even tho it isn't a rock for i don't believe they have seen what else i could do..isn't it amazing no one orders this stuf..just ..rocks rocks rocks ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ok..sorry sorry one more time..i wanted to mention too that this is the only landscape place that i have found that will let me wander all over the rock pile and choose the ones i want. They are awesome indeed.

Attachments

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
WOW Smkie those are all fantastic!!! I'm working on a rock! lol, but it isn't looking too good hehehe I'm really amazed at how well you do them!!!!

Wow! Those are awesome. You are really talented, but you know that already. =) Who knew a rock could look so real and cool? That is really nice of that place to let you go through all their rocks, yay for them!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, we enjoy all of your rocks. They are so unique and you are so talented.

Debi

Cool place, smkie! they sound so nice...I wish they were closer to me! As always seeing your art just makes me smile, and ooooh & aaaahhhhhh. how sweet are the ghosts??!!!!!!! I know my little frog gets attention from anyone that comes here. I could go on & on.......LOVE your work, your detail. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ahhh someone knows how to appeal to my ego...thanks Nedim! i will find some more :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
longer then it should..and some days are better then others. If i get fixated i would never admit how long..cause it is never about the money only about the art. The little rabbits between 15 minutes and a half hour..the more i get into fur the longer..like grass there is only one way to truly make it look right and that is one hair at a time. Sometimes if everything is going wrong..this is going to sound dopey but i feel like i am "reading" the rock wrong. and start over...dang it that is the fourth mosquito i have killed since i started typing..how in the devil are they getting in!!!! anyway back to topic..i try for what i call believability. If the rock doesn't have a bump for the head and a spine..or if it is too short for a backend no amount of shading is going to fix that. The rest is trying for an optical illusion..trying to make certain areas look raised by highlights and sinking areas that are too big into the shadows. IF nothing else i have learned a great deal about shading and blending color. Nothing improves like practice and doing the same thing a few zillion times is good for me. I am not a quick learner, but i am steady.

I love them all! Do you sell your artwork, smkie? I know that if I saw some of your stuff in a store, I would buy it in a heartbeat! You are WAY talented.

Jessie

I especially love the grinning cat!

Members online

No members online now.