Hic-ups

keller

I wouldn't worry about it, my dog gets them all the time. From what I've read, it's natural (I read that one cause is that puppies eat so quickly and ingest a lot of air, especially if their bowls aren't elevated).

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
yeah, it's normal, my Bailey frequently gets them, and I just try holding him and massaging his throat, he looks at me like I am crazy. He even will get the reverse sneezes, now that's when I really feel sorry for the little one.

keller

My vet has said to raise the food bowl of my shepherd mix for the exact same reason. A quick google search shows people saying to leave bowls on the floor to prevent bloat, and to raise them to prevent it. Definitely ask your vet about the elevation issue to see what's best for your dog BullyLover.

Tugger's Mom

Yes, He's A Beagle
Tugger gets the hiccups all the time.....and the vet said it's normal. His diaphram isn't fully expanding yet. They eventually outgrow it (that's what he said anyhow!). BTW....I also use it as an excuse to rub his neck......;)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I remember posting a similar thread a while ago! I think it's a puppy thing :D

neko12_48767

I love my dog Neko
Neko get the hiccups all the time when he was a puppy. Now it stop but some time he will get them when he is sleeping right next to me, and I wake up because the bed is moving it funny.

Members online

No members online now.