War Horse

Xandra

Some parts were kind of lame but overall I quite liked it. In most instances the horse seemed to act quite horsey, and it was realistically grim at times when it could have been sugar coated. The plot was neat... Hmm I think I want to watch it again when I get home.

Xandra

hehe but for a horse that ran into barbed wire and thrashed around for hours he was in amazing condition. I know of a colt that ran into barbed wire and putting him down was very definitely on the table (they ended up stitching him up and he had to wear this vest thing for months and months).

thehoundgirl

I saw it in theatres and didn't like it as much as I should have only because of the barbwire seen. I wish I was warned, it is rubber but looks so darn real. I bawled my eyes out. :(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've been wanting to see War Horse for sooo long! I know I'm going to be a blubbering mess like usual when I do see it. I cried at the commercials, for %$@$'s sake! :eek:

SarahHound

I'm not really interested in seeing it, not a fan of horses really. My friend on the other hand, cried herself dry seeing it, but then she's a horse nut :p

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I haven't seen it, but I've seen plenty if Gifs on Tumblr featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
hehe but for a horse that ran into barbed wire and thrashed around for hours he was in amazing condition. I know of a colt that ran into barbed wire and putting him down was very definitely on the table (they ended up stitching him up and he had to wear this vest thing for months and months).
I thought that too. I've seen what barbed wire can do to horses, and I seriously doubt that in reality the horse would have come through it with so little scaring or infection.

Buuut, it's a movie, so it's ok--kind of expect that sort of thing. Frankly, I prefer the Hollywood version over a horse cut to ribbons and dying of infection...

Staff online

Members online