An Apollo story

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't really mention Apollo a whole lot. He was a kitten I've raised since he was two days old, and like all bottle babies, he isn't quite right in the head. But I've come to appreciate how unique he is. Everyone who meets him leaves with something, one way or another. Some, it is awe. Others, fear. Either way, he has an infamous reputation with all of our friends and family.

I just didn't realize how infamous until my brother's girlfriend told me this story. :D

My brother was being dropped off at home by his girlfriend and two other buddies one night. Wes gets out of the car and goes inside. The car is still idling in the drive as the friends are switching out a CD and don't want to do it while backing up. Apollo, who has no fear of cars and feels the need to investigate anything new, goes up to the car and jumps onto the hood, then proceeds to climb up the windshield onto the roof. The girlfriend starts freaking out because she is petrified of Apollo. She tries to call Wes on her cell, flashes her lights to get his attention, beeps the horn a little, slowly starts to back up...all the while Apollo is walking around on top of the car, peering his head over to look in the windows at them. At this point she's freaking out. She asked if someone else could get out of the car and try to get him off and they said, "God, no, we've heard stories about this cat! I'm not going near it!"

She ends up getting my brother's attention after about 5 minutes and he steps outside to come get the cat...and Apollo just swishes his tail, hops off the car, and goes about his merry way. LOL

I can just picture him tormenting the car full of petty humans and then walking away casually when he's done with them. I love my kitty. :D

Members online

No members online now.