WHAT is wrong with Benji??

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Last night he threw up his dinner (which was a raw chicken leg), and this morning he wouldn't eat breakfast, which isn't that unusual for him, sometimes he does skip breakfast for whatever reason. But there were also little spots of caramel colored diarrhea on the floor this morning, and a little bit of darker colored diarrhea upstairs near my mom's room. And he just threw up some white frothiness on the floor a few minutes ago (which could be from the not eating). I'm not sure what is going on with him.

I just took the cat to the vet yesterday because he has a respiratory infection and conjunctivitis. *sigh* PETS. :mad::(

Sweet72947

Squishy face
He just threw up a little white froth in the yard, probably because there isn't anything in his stomach left to upchuck. I tried giving him some chicken broth and rice (because we have no cooked chicken at the moment) but he wouldn't eat it. He has been drinking little bits of water throughout the day, so at least he's keeping himself hydrated.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Just a little update:

Benji has a vet appointment for noon tomorrow, it was the earliest my vet had. He seems to be feeling a tiny bit better, but he didn't want dinner. He hasn't had any diarrhea since his last two little spots at about 3:00, and he hasn't vomited since 10:00am.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Poor Benji. :( I hope he feels better soon.

I don't run to the vet for diarrhea, but if there's also vomiting and not eating, then I do.

Let us know how it goes.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
He had more diarrhea during the night, little caramel colored spots like before. He had no interest in food this morning. I collected a sample of the diarrhea for the vet today. I don't understand how he has anything left to poop out.

*worries*

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Well, the vet (a new guy I hadn't seen before) felt Benji up, and took a fecal sample, and didn't find any parasites in it, and didn't see any bacteria he shouldn't see (or proliferations of such). Benji's temp was a little low at 100F. I have some meds to try and make his tummy feel better, and if they don't work, we'll go back for bloodwork and an xray.

It came up that I'm feeding raw, and so I got a little "talking to" by the vet about how he discourages it because the bones can be sharp and cut and raw meat is bad for them for the same reason it is for us blah blah blah, and that there are other safe diets for his allergies that we could talk about when he's feeling better yadda yadda.

Well, Benji's been on raw at least four months now, and done well, so I don't think this has anything to do with the raw. Vets. :rolleyes: I wanted to say "Well your breath smells like poo!!" the whole time he was talking to me because well, it did. 0_o

But oh well. If anyone wants to send tummy vibes to Benji they would be appreciated. I am going to eat a quick lunch and then run to the store for a few cans of dog food to try to get Benji to eat something.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
He ate! :D

I gave Benji a little canned, and he scarfed it. :D

I'm going to see how his tummy does with that, and if he holds it down I'll give him a little more later when I feed Daisy.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Well, he didn't keep it down. We're taking him in tomorrow morning for bloodwork and xrays, because the meds for his diarrhea and stomach acid aren't going to help if he's not keeping them down!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
So sorry. :( I hope it's not anything serious and I'm sending vibes for Benji.

Keep us updated.

Members online

No members online now.