Victory!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Well Middie goes nuts over guests... as some of you Chazzers know. :rolleyes: And we had two of our neighbors over tonight to play Scrabble.

I just took things really gradually.. let Ray and Diane come in and I had Middie with me... took him near the door so he could hear everyone talking but not see them.. then opened the door a crack so he could see them... and then opened it wider.. I clicked and treated when he had his attention on me.. and we just sloooooowly ever so slowly got closer. When he was pretty calm being within two feet or so of Ray and Diane, without lunging at them crazily, I let them come say hi.

Poor Ray got slimed by him immediately ad that was that. He didn't want Middie near him after that.. LOL! Diane got slurped and was okay with that, and petted him for a bit. Then I sat at the table and had him on his traffic lead so he had to be within a few feet of me.. and once he was calm he just lounged under the table and I let him off-lead.

It worked SO well. He was very well behaved and only got a little riled up when we were being boisterous over the game. Didn't beg for food, and stayed away from ray when I asked him to; and for the most part his attention was on me nearly all the time. I'm so impressed with my little maniac. I just wanted to thank everyone here who advocates positive training techniques - couldn't have done it without you!

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
Good boy, Middie! That's something I need to work on with Max, maybe buying a traffic lead would help...(any excuse to get an Ella's lead will work for me :p)

noludoru

Bored Now.
LMAO Lovemaker.

I just usually have a big problem with him being craaaazy around guests.. and the last few times we've had them I haven't actually even been here. Ugh. So he got away with a LOT of crap the last few times, and I don't want it to become a habit.

Members online

No members online now.