Litter Training

McKenzie

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with litter training? I want to try it because I live in an apartment and I would like the puppy to be able to go in litter on the balcony. That way the puppy doesn't need to hold it while on the elevator. I still want the dog to be able to go on grass but for those stormy winter days it would be nice to pull the litter in.

Snickers

Hi

I have a 4-month old female maltese that I'm trying to train to use the litter box. When I first got her at 8 weeks she just used the piddle pads. They were stinky and messy so I changed to dog litter. I first tried using a dog litter by Purina but I could never tell when she went. I switched to wood stove pellets you get from Home Depot. When the pellets get wet they turned to sawdust so it's a little more obvious she's using the box. Also they are relatively small so she has no problem walking on them. Good luck!

Saje

Island dweller
This post is from last September. :) I don't know if the original poster is still around. Either way I'd advise against litter training. It's confusing for the dogs to have to learn two different ways to go. Plus the exercise is good for them. :)

Members online

No members online now.