Where are you Mach1? Photo withdrawal.....

R

RedyreRottweilers

We are having puppy withdrawals.

We need more photos immediately, or we could go into puppy spasms. These, as we all know are painful and can cause one to rush out and look at all kinds of puppy litters.

Please save us with more photos.

:D

bubbatd

A big ECHO from Grammy !!!! We were there for you and want to see the results !!

R

RedyreRottweilers

I can promise you folks this.

When my next litter is about to arrive, and once it gets here, you will get sick of photos and updates. LOL

I won't have much else to do since for the first week I stay absolutely WITH the new mom and babies 24/7.

:D

*makes mental note to have plenty of batteries for the camera stockpiled*

Mach1girl

Sooooo sorry guys................I have been sooooo busy. It was alright, till Dixie had that shot to clean her out-now its like, wash, wash, wash, clean, clean, clean................

I feel horrible for her, I noticed that she has this dry "ring" round her mouth, no doubt from cleaning those puppies. I tried to wash it for her, poor baby.

I promise, pics in about 2 hours. The second camera is now being dropped off at CVS. As soon as I get it, Ill post them. I took individual pics of each. They are so cute.

Dixie goes out to potty, and makes it quick, to get right back to her babies-as expected. But this am, she ran out and grabed her baseball and brought it to my son. I almost cried!!!She wanted and missed playing. So I had him roll it for her a few times.

Pic soon. I promise. All are well and fine.

Oh, by the way, hubby installed bars in the cage, and they have made a huge difference. I did notice, they will all be in a pile sleeping, soundly, and she is watching......almost as if she gets bored, or maybe dur to the inexperience, she plops down right on top of them! PLOP* they scatter, squall, then go back to sleep!

bubbatd

Does she have enough room in the cage ?? That's how I lost a pup...Mom landed just wrong and an elbow hit a baby's head !! I was right there too ! Made me sick ... and the Mom was sooooo upset !! She kept licking it and pleaded with me to do something .......

Mach1girl

bubbatd said:
Does she have enough room in the cage ?? That's how I lost a pup...Mom landed just wrong and an elbow hit a baby's head !! I was right there too ! Made me sick ... and the Mom was sooooo upset !! She kept licking it and pleaded with me to do something .......
She has a ton of room. The cage is super huge, me, my husband and kids have sat in this cage with Dixie before. But she keeps to one side with them. I have tried to even out the light(sheet over it) and blankets but she likes the one side. Samer side she had her babies on. Weird! She has plenty of room. She is clumsy. She cant leave well enough alone. She's always gotta mess with them, they will sleep, and then she's gota nudge them, roll them, lick them, etc.

Its funny, they all kind ahave a personality already! We got cry babies, divas, clm-cool ones, its funny!

She also doesnt do a very good job moving them around. She tries by the head, middle, they will cry so she stops, tries to "rake" them and pull them, they cry, so she finally just gives up. I caught her haolding one, dangeling by the back leg yesterday, and had to tell her to put it down! He was crying............poor thing.

No, they will be in my site for awhile longer at all times!

Ive got bruises and a bad back now from so much time on the tile floor. I look like i have been in a car accident!

Pics will be at 5pm or so(Fla time) The pic boy at the store doesnt com ein till 4, so, as soon as I get them, theyll be here.

Got to watch the Daytona 500, my hubby is there with a guy from work,,had to sell the guy my ticket so I could puppy sit.

Its weird seeing Dix as a mother-when Im her mother!

R

RedyreRottweilers

I am going to say this one more time.

If you don't get the bitch OUT of that cage you will be sorry. There is no way you can keep the bedding in a manner to keep them off the cage grating.

This is NOT an appropriate place for puppies.

Please, a cardboard box is better than that cage.

GET HER OUT OF THERE.

a converted cage works well too, but I agree those bars are not a safe place for the pups to be, they also need protection from draughts

bubbatd

Have you tried the whelping pen again... if she's trying to move them , she may be happier with them there. I never had a pup that would do more than just nudge them with a nose to roll them over to clean and stimulate. Grabbing by head, middle or a leg would scare the h*ll out of me !! Especially if the cry and squeal !

R

RedyreRottweilers

As before, Mach, you need to keep a really close eye on your girl, and help her to be gentle with the whelps. She's a maiden, so sometimes she will need help.

The problem with the crate is puppies getting legs or tails through the grating. You can have severe injuries in the blink of an eye if they bitch puts pressure on a puppy who has a leg or tail through the cage bars.

Puppies need a solid surface preferably with bars to prevent the bitch crushing them against the sides.

I feel you are going to have serious issues, and dead puppies if you don't get her out of the cage.

JMO as always.

I begin to feel my message is not being heard, so I'll just be quiet now.

bubbatd

Between you Redy , Gallien , and me , I feel that Mach has had a lot of good advice, but I don't think she realizes that we've been through this so many times and only want what's best for Dixie and the pups.I wish her the best.. Last advice ... besides having a soft area to lie on, it's importand to have a piece of carpet that they can crawl on ... they need something for traction which helps build up the muscles. Now, we need the pictures !!

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
LOL Grammy it is like waiting at home for pics of the grandkids :) Mach I tend to lean on the side of the advice on the cage. Even if you dont have a whelping box a area where you can put Dixie and the pups where they are secure. I never to know of the carpet though but makes perfect sense. I know you are taking great care of your babies and momma... and of course need pics I think we are going through baby withdrawls

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Would it work if she doesn't have another place to put the pups other than the cage line underneath the blankets and around the edges of the cage with cardboard? seems that would help with the grating?! The cardboard of course would have to be change regularly because of defecation and what not but at least to have something to block out the grate

Members online

No members online now.