"No-poo"/Sulfate free shampoo people.

Lyzelle

I use Organix shampoo, and I rotate between their different scents each time. It is sulfate free, and I have noticed an overwhelming change in my hair. It is softer, cleaner, and stays that way for longer. I love it. I only wash my hair once every two or three days.

I would never go back to sulfate shampoo again.
This. Although I can't use the shampoo these days, because it strips the red from my hair super fast.

I'm using John Frieda's Root Awakening for my shampoo(although it isn't sulfate free, it's pretty darn gentle), Organix for my conditioner.

Burts Bees is waaaay too harsh for most people, especially those with dry hair.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
encsno picture

Most of Burts Bees stuff asside from the lip stuff is too harsh for me, including their lotion, I tried it once at the store & I had to make a quick trip to the bathroom to wash it off my hands because it was burning & itching :/, I have super sensitive skin.

yeah, burt bees stuff actually usually works really well for me. But again, my hair is pretty combo and depends on the time of year:) Not my favorite overall or my favorite ingredient wise, but if I am out and need to grab some, that is one I can find pretty much anywhere

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
type sumsnin

I guess averyone is different, the only advice I have is I guess just find a product & start trying it, lol though I would go with something ,like Suave professionals or Aveeno, somehthing not to expensive in case the no poo method doesnt work for you.

I googled "washing hair with conditioner" on a whim one day, thats how I got the idea to try it. I wash my hair once a week but I could go longer (the most I have gone is two weeks when I kept forgetting LOL)

Lyzelle

I can't wash my hair with conditioner only. My skin/scalp is way too sensitive, and I break out. Zits in your hair? Not fun.

CVS and other drug stores are a little pricier, but you can usually return products no questions asked if it doesn't work out for you. That's what I usually do. I'm not going to waste money on something I can't use, so I only buy from stores that allow returns/refunds.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I can't wash my hair with conditioner only. My skin/scalp is way too sensitive, and I break out. Zits in your hair? Not fun.

CVS and other drug stores are a little pricier, but you can usually return products no questions asked if it doesn't work out for you. That's what I usually do. I'm not going to waste money on something I can't use, so I only buy from stores that allow returns/refunds.
I have had zits in a lot of places but my hair isn't one of them (yet) it sounds like no fun at all :(

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I've been using SLS free/all natural shampoos and conditioners for years now, and I can't say enough good things about them! :)

That said, I don't wash my hair often. My curly hair + daily or every other day shampoo = frizz.

My hair is down past my butt and I wear it down EVERY day... so it has to look good!

Generally, I'll do a "water only" wash every day so my curls won't be droopy. Or, I'll do a good job at pinning/bunning it up for the night.

I'll wash with conditioner only about twice a week. I'll act like it's shampoo- massage it in, rinse it out, and then put more in and wait a few minutes to rinse it out.

I wash with shampoo maybe every other week? I don't use many products (leave in conditioner and a little bit of hairspray), so I don't get a build up.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I have been using the Costco brand shampoo for a few years now and still like it. It's SLS and paraben free and so on.

I bought a bottle of Abba today to change things up a bit. We'll see if it's good (for my hair).

Taqroy

I don't think I could go no poo - the idea intrigues me but I get really super squicked out when my hair is greasy. I really don't think I could handle the detox period.

I used to have to wash my hair every other day, minimum. My hair got all icky and greasy and grossss on the second day and I hated it. The biggest change I've made is actually scrubbing my scalp. Not like, take skin off scrubbing, but a nice gentle scrub that lasts two or three minutes. I use SLS free shampoo and then I use a lot of conditioner. When I do it this way I can go 3-4 days without washing my hair AND it still looks and feels nice.

I think I'm using Alba shampoo right now. Before that it was Nature's Gate, and before that it was Burt's Bees. We usually just buy whatever we can find at the grocery store when we start running out.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I can't imagine washing mine daily ;)
Me either, I can only imagine how frizzy & crackly my hair would be, LOL the horses would probably try & eat it because it would look so much like coastal hay :S.

When I "wash" with conditioner, I actually step out of the shower (the stalls here in the bathrooms are really small), bend over & flip my hair upside down & really work the conditioner all the way through it since its so thick & I have no problems with it being oily or having scalp buildup.

for the days that I do wash my hair, I use dandruff shampoo on the rare occasions where I do have buildup. Otherwise I use my regular shampoo.

Also, a hair stylist told me one time that your hair "gets used" to a certain type of shampoo/conditioner if you use it too long (I was wondering why my intense moisturising shampoo wasnt working anymore, I had been using it for like 6 mos) & she told me to try changing brands & types every three months or something like that, since then I have seen a great improvement in my hair.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Also, a hair stylist told me one time that your hair "gets used" to a certain type of shampoo/conditioner if you use it too long (I was wondering why my intense moisturising shampoo wasnt working anymore, I had been using it for like 6 mos) & she told me to try changing brands & types every three months or something like that, since then I have seen a great improvement in my hair.
I have that issue too. If I use the same product for a while, eventually I start feeling like it just doesn't work as well. Which sucks, because if I still have a lot of it left, I don't want to buy something else!

Brattina88

I can't fathom washing my hair even just a few times a week. I wash mine daily usually, though I can get away with every other day if I get up late or something.
This is me :eek: My hair gets soooo oily, I can't imagine washing with conditioner :eek:

Any tips for me? A no poo shampoo for the exact opposite fuzz/dry problems I see on here? ;)

OMG I can't do simple math apparently :rofl1:

So if you don't wash your hair but a few times a week do you still shower and just rinse it out? What if you work out?
I dont usually rinse, but you can. I have great luck using dry shampoo in between.

This is me :eek: My hair gets soooo oily, I can't imagine washing with conditioner :eek:

Any tips for me? A no poo shampoo for the exact opposite fuzz/dry problems I see on here? ;)
Honestly, my problem was being too greasy. The more you wash it (and the harsher shampoos you use) the more you strip it, the more oil your scalp starts producing. Its a vicious cycle. The breaking part of it is not fun (though when I did it I didnt know about dry shampoo, that wouldve helped Iam sure) but its worth it!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I shower daily, but only get my hair wet through when I shampoo - I will shampoo if I've gotten really sweaty, even if it's not "scheduled", though.

Add me to those who rotate bottles frequently. I usually have 2-3 going at once, though my fav currently gets used every other time instead of every 3. It's "Yes To Carrots" shampoo, SLS, etc. free.

Members online

No members online now.