Just got word- 2012 1st place Obedience at Crufts went to none other than...

MicksMom

Petra Ford and Tyler (NOC2 OTCH Count Tyler Show Me The Money UDX3)!!!! WTG, Team Tyler!

And, not one word from the AKC about it on their fb page. I asked this morning if there was going to be any postings. They did a fair amount of coverage of the agility. The only posting on fb is from people who train at Top Dog and know Petra and Tyler.

MicksMom

Petra Ford and Tyler (NOC2 OTCH Count Tyler Show Me The Money UDX3)!!!! WTG, Team Tyler!

And, not one word from the AKC about it on their fb page. I asked this morning if there was going to be any postings. They did a fair amount of coverage of the agility. The only posting on fb is from people who train at Top Dog and know Petra and Tyler.
Correction, Tyler is NOC2 OTCH County Tyler Show Me The Money UDX7 OM6 MH.

ACooper

I feel like I should know who you are talking about..........but I don't. Please enlighten me! :D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Petra and Tyler are truly fantastic. I saw this last night via FB (not AKC)

But yeah AKC coverage for events is inconsistent as best. Relative to conformation, agility is like a stepchild who isn't really liked but you gotta pay lip service...agility just brings in too much $$ to ignore. Obedience on the other hand tends to get left in the daek constantly. For Eukanuba this year Confo results were plastered everywhere and could be watched via streaming vid. Agility results were posted...eventually. No vid except for the Finals winning runs after the fact.

But obedience? Total silence from AKC. I mean it's the National Obedience Champship fer pete's sake...no results feed at all, even well after the event...

MicksMom

I feel like I should know who you are talking about..........but I don't. Please enlighten me! :D
Sorry! I forgot it's been awhile since I posted about them. Petra and Tyler won the NOI in 2008 & 2009, tied for 2nd at Crufts in 2010, and were 1st runner up at the 2010 NOI. They train where we do- at Top Dog Obedience School here in NJ (owned by Betsy Scappichio, who finished 6th at the 2011 NOI).

ACooper

Awesome Mick! It's next best thing to winning yourself if someone you know wins! :D

And I agree, AKC is quite lopsided when it comes to certain things.

Members online

No members online now.