Is there any interest here...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
For my dog sculptures? I've got a lot of free time on my hands, so I've been making a lot of sculptures lately.

I've been thinking I could do this as a job though, and I know I'd rather ask here first, before putting it out there and then getting laughed at for thinking I'm good enough to sell my, I guess it is artwork.

So here's a few examples of what I've made/am making.

Sooo yeah. I sold the GSD one to a neighbor, and he loved it.

I can even do fantasy

This one is going to be Maxfox's Blue Tang fox. Just waiting to be painted.

Anyway, am I off base? Is this something you would buy/like to have?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I personally would be interested. What type of price range were you thinking? Are you planning on making them all around the same size or thinking about adding different sized sculptures? I think they are neat and I would honestly love to have one of each of my dogs.

ACooper

I think they are adorable! And without a doubt artwork!!!

What kind of price range are you considering?

EDIT: posting with amber, lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I would be!
I am always looking for interesting knick knacks to have. My apartment is sadly pretty bare and I love little interesting things

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I can do different sizes for sure. They take around four to six hours to complete now that I've got a rhythm down. As for price range that's really the one thing I've no idea about. The painting is what takes forever, depending on the dog, but I think a simpler dog, with regular colors would be less time.

Maybe a three by four inch one would be about 50 dollars, depending on the complexity of the dog in question. They're handpainted obviously, and I work off of photos pretty much. A dog like the Ozzy dog takes far far longer to paint because of the markings, but say a Dobe, or a GSD would take much less time.

But the bigger they are, the longer they take to complete, obviously. So I'd say 45 to 50 dollars as a base price.

Mandy, I haven't done a smushed face dog yet lol, but I'd be willing to give it a go. :D

Barbara!

I'd like to see a little more painted ones, but I think I would also be interested. I like the style of how you do them. I think you could make some money selling them out of an eBay store or something. They're definitely quirky and I enjoy seeing new ones you've made.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I'm finishing up two of them tonight hopefully, so I should be able to show you the difference in them painted vs unpainted by tomorrow.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
That base price seems more than reasonable to me. I'd definitely be interested in one of each dog though I'd have to have you do one dog at a time since I couldn't afford to do them all at once.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
You guys are all awesome! :D

If anyone is wanting them, I've only got two that are in front to be painted. I haven't painted the ones I've made for myself because I've been working on other peoples, so once these guys are done, I'll be painting mine, and have some more pictures up of them, but feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it!

:D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Let me see what money looks like after this upcoming paycheck and then I'll shoot you a PM. I'm debating on which dog I would like you to do first... thinking maybe Cricket.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Do you do chickens??

I collect "artsy-fartsy" chicken knick-knacks and would be really interested if you can do chickens!
I can certainly try! I've tried cats, I can get the body shape of most animals, it's usually the heads that throw me, but if you can give me some good examples, I can usually work out how to build them based on their skeletal structure and then the muscles and such. But I've got the colors of paint here to make just about any and every color, so whichever type of chicken you'd like, I'd be willing to try! :D

Those are so cool!!!! I love hand crafted art... It is always so nice to see talent shine :D Maybe once I get money again I can get one of Ollie (and maybe Shakes if you could do ferrets?).

Members online

No members online now.