So Bummed

My camera finally died. And I'm so sad.

It's been on it's way to dying for a year now. Throwing error 99 in spite of a new lens, a new memory card and a new battery. I could make it work (obviously) by taking the battery out and putting it back in and then later by taking the memory card out and putting it back in. But if I didn't take any pictures for 30 seconds or so I would need to turn it off and take the battery/memory card out again.

Then yesterday I was out with Didgie, took a few pictures and that was that. It stopped working completely.

So now I feel naked and I have a growing puppy and I neeeeed a camera :(

I'm thinking about a Canon 40D used so I'm keeping an eye out and hope I can find a deal by the end of the week because I can not not have a camera.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Uh, yeah. Get your ass out there and buy another camera. NOW. We can't NOT have pictures! :p

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
NO! :( That is so terrible - ugh. Hopefully you'll find one soon!

My sister might be interested in selling her old camera. I can't remember what model it is (it might be a lower-down model than what you are looking for), but I know it is a Canon.

I don't know much else about it though :eek: Just thought I would throw it out there, even if it isn't what you are looking for :)

Last edited:

Toller_08

Oh no!! I hope you're able to find one soon. We can't NOT have Trav and Didgie pictures!

Thanks Renee!! I'll look through those!

I've been looking on the Canon Forum's classifieds sections and I should be able to find something, I just wasn't itching to spend 400 or so dollars right now. Everything has to happen at the worst time.
NO! :( That is so terrible - ugh. Hopefully you'll find one soon!

My sister might be interested in selling her old camera. I can't remember what model it is (it might be a lower-down model than what you are looking for), but I know it is a Canon.

I don't know much else about it though :eek: Just thought I would throw it out there, even if it isn't what you are looking for :)
If you find anything out message me!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
How old are you willing to deal with? Adam had an older Rebel before he switched to Nikon. I can ask him what he did with it.

yoko

Ok people, found this guy selling his 40D with about 6600 actuations on it and he's willing to take 400 dollars shipped. Should I do it? Anything I should ask if if/before I commit

http://eugene.craigslist.org/pho/3085824633.html
I'm always iffy about buying electronics *I consider a camera an electronic* from Craigslist or Ebay.

Make him fully type out to you in email that it is in good condition and have him list any damage to it at all.

Also get his first and last name and address.

Hey! PWCorgi! Get out of her quote box of me!

I'm always iffy about buying electronics *I consider a camera an electronic* from Craigslist or Ebay.

Make him fully type out to you in email that it is in good condition and have him list any damage to it at all.

Also get his first and last name and address.
Anyways, I actually found him on a camera forum but he linked me to craigslist to show the pictures

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I need to check my actuation but I was going to say, after work, Id sell you mine for 375. However, otherwise I'd ask about the basics, has it been left in a car, been wet, been in the snow, dropped, does it have trouble with any lens, etc.

yoko

Hey! PWCorgi! Get out of her quote box of me!

Anyways, I actually found him on a camera forum but he linked me to craigslist to show the pictures

Oh ok that sounds a lot better than just random guy on Craigslist.

I don't know if he's willing to ship and he's a regular on the forum and seems like a legit person I don't see any issues on it. Those pics are pretty clear.

I'm not sure what I have additionally to the body though. That guy sounds like a good deal actually.
But I KNOW you! I'll hold off happily until you get home! I've been going back and forth because I have hard time trusting someone I don't know from online. So I would rather go with someone I do know and trust online. That sounds funny, but you know what I mean!

So I'll wait until you get home and look, if it doesn't work out it seems like 40D are being offered on a continuous basis

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
FWIW mine was from some random guy on Craigslist lol. Granted he was close enough that I could meet him in person and mess around with the camera before buying it, and verify his backstory a bit.

Members online

No members online now.