survived the first firing

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have decided not to use an underglaze for the lettering. I will do this after it has fired. I am not going to take a chance on something I could not fix if I slipped. I have a tangerine mason stain on the vest, and have used more iron oxide to even out the coat. So I will be putting Sandy in the kiln tomorrow. Cross your fingers, almost done. Sorry it is taking so long.

I had it penciled in, but didn't like it and erased. I will use lettering brushes after this firing. AFter that I will get it in the mail. Will post a final.
cameras are so distorting on small sculptures...shoot they are distorting on large and I don't know why.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thanks to Elly Biggerstaff from the clay guild for sharing her orange mason stain and her knowledge that a third firing would fix the iron oxide issue. All I have left is the lettering and Sandy will be on her way to Texas. If I ever get on top of things I want to do this again, there are many things I would do differently but I think Sandy is going to be a successful sculpture. Fingers crossed for a smooth shipping.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Oh, smkie, she's beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her in person! Thank you again. You've done a wonderful job with her!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sorry it is taking so long. DO you want me to ship during the Christmas rush or wait until right after?

Staff online

Members online