we've made some progress with lola

nancy2394

We've pretty much discovered that she has to empty her bladder roughly every 3 hours. She no longer pees or poops in her kennel unless she's been in there too long. It's hard to be sure she gets out every few hours when we're not home or if we lose track of time.

Sometimes she will come and ask us, but most times she doesn't. She is such a skiddish dog and I have no idea why. We've had her since she was 6 weeks old, so I know she's never been abused. Even when she will get all excited to go out when you say "lola, do you have to go pee", she will sometimes run off and hide under the bed before you can even get the leash. Then if you try and coax her out from under the bed, she will pee on the floor.

She pees when she gets overly excited and she pees when she's scared. She also pees when she's having separation anxiety. TJ had just taken her out and when he came back in with her she was over at the food dish eating and he came down to the bedroom where I was and shut the door behind him. She cried at the door to be let in the bedroom and before he could even open the door... she peed a puddle on the rug right in front of my door.

I guess we just aren't going to be successful in training her properly. But with the advice and suggestions of many of you, it has enabled us to at least make some progress.. so thanks! Maybe one day she will graduate to a fully potty trained dog :)

Members online

No members online now.