should he stay or should he go

mjb

home.
Spanky will have surgery Tuesday and come home on Wednesday.

He goes in tomorrow, Monday, for a pain patch. I can either pick him up tomorrow afternoon, and take him back Tuesday morning for surgery, or I can just leave him for the night when I take him tomorrow morning for his pain patch.

It will keep him from having to move around so much on his sore leg, and it will save a couple of trips to the vet for me to leave him. And, he won't have the anxiety of being taken one more time to the vet on Tuesday morning, although he's never seemed all that nervous.

But, he could be home Monday night, and he might feel better just being home.

I don't guess it's a big deal in the scheme of things either way!!

lizzybeth727

I'd bring him home, but then I couldn't stand the thought of my Luna sleeping in a vet's office more than is necessary, it just doesn't seem like very much fun.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I would bring him home, only because then it saves the anxiety of being in the vet overnight the night before the surgery.

Then again, if you left him, he would have one night before the surgery to get used to spending the night there. hmmm

mjb

I guess he'll be somewhat out of it Tuesday night when he spends the night there.

I hate the idea of him spending a night there before the surgery, although he has boarded (not there) before, so he has been away from home. It's been awhile, though.

I also hate the idea of taking him 4 days, Thurs., Friday, Monday, and then Tuesday, for a ride in the car, only to end up at the vet's office.

Also, right now, getting in and out of my vehicle, and SUV, is not fun and easy. I think we've managed to get him in and out without hurting his leg, but I'm always apprehensive.

Some say dogs don't notice time that much, so would it seem that much longer to him to go from Monday to Wednesday at the vet's as opposed to Tuesday to Wednesday.

As I said, this is probably the least of my worries in regards to his injury, but it is the one on my mind right now.

Members online

No members online now.