The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Falon, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving up Aikon. If he's not the right match, he's not the right match. I know you love him and are heartbroken over it, and I just can't even imagine how painful it has to be for you to give him up. But in the end, you're making the right choice. I'm sorry other people can't seem to understand that it's not. I'm sorry you have to make this decision at all. :(

Logan was supposed to be a SAR dog. Because Logan was not the right dog at the right time for his future SAR handler, he became my service dog instead. This is what happens when dogs from a good breeder with a good safety net are rehomed. They're not euthanized, they're not abused, they're not put on Craigslist on a first-come first-served basis. They are placed in a new home that will love them just as much AND that will be the right fit.

Rehoming service dog candidates when they don't pan out is VERY common. Most people can't afford to keep washouts AND still have a working service dog. If Logan had washed out, I wouldn't be able to have another shot at a service dog until one of my dogs dies (this is because I am very attached to my dogs and it would be MY CHOICE to keep them. Gavroche is my heart dog and there's no way he's going anywhere, and I really couldn't have parted with Logan after I had him for two years. This is for me, emotionally, and NOT something I think is right or wrong). Many people don't have the option of waiting 10 years to try for another service dog. Sporting dogs or other working dogs shouldn't be any different. If you need a dog for a specific purpose, and the dog you get doesn't pan out, there's NOTHING wrong with trying again. Heck, the same goes for a pet - if the dog is just NOT a good match for your family, why should you make yourselves miserable (the dog included) and stick it out, when the better option would be to return the dog to the breeder and try again?

I just really, really don't get the hate going on here. This is why we get dogs from responsible breeders - because if anything happens, they have a place to go back to!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have to be in Boston for another year to graduate (it's too late to transfer, I'm a senior this year)
so at least there's that.. I've never even been to california though!

I feel a lot better with some time to deal.
It could've been Yemen.
It could've been antarctica

I can still visit.. it's a hell of a lot closer to Japan and the time zone doesn't suck as much.

Plus..
it's right next to the SD zoo..and seaworld.. and comicon

I have decided to look at the bright side.

We won't get to see eachother every weekend or anything like that but.. it could be worse.

You guys are right. There is skype, I can fly over, he is coming home for christmas

we can make it work.
Yeah & when to do visit there is lots of cool stuff for you guys to do together :)

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I have to be in Boston for another year to graduate (it's too late to transfer, I'm a senior this year)
so at least there's that.. I've never even been to california though!

I feel a lot better with some time to deal.
It could've been Yemen.
It could've been antarctica

I can still visit.. it's a hell of a lot closer to Japan and the time zone doesn't suck as much.

Plus..
it's right next to the SD zoo..and seaworld.. and comicon

I have decided to look at the bright side.

We won't get to see eachother every weekend or anything like that but.. it could be worse.

You guys are right. There is skype, I can fly over, he is coming home for christmas

we can make it work.
I realize it's far, but San Diego is great! I was seriously considering living there for a little while. The vibe of the city is awesome and the surrounding area is amazing. Point Loma is beautiful, and, um, SD is where Extraordinary Desserts is located. You have a great excuse to go on awesome vacations. :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Trying to find out if I can pull the boys from our agility trial this weekend. I think there's still dogs on the wait list after us so we can get our entry fee back. I don't really want to go anymore. They said if they find out what's going on with my dad he might be able to come home tomorrow but if they don't maybe another two or three days in the hospital. So I just don't really want to go.

Just this morning I was actually starting to get excited about it.

I hope I can get my entry fee back, they've started doing it with some clubs where as long as they can fill your spot you get your fee back okay... if I can't get it back I'm not sure what I'll decide to do. My dad will probably tell me to just go. I just don't want to...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm being spoken to tomorrow at work "about my language". I work Wednesday nights. There's a total of 5 people who talk to me then, and I can guarantee none of them said anything. I don't swear while working anyway. I know it's backlash from a harassment case I'm going through. I know I'm just being lumped with my friend, who is also involved with the case, and who people always seem to lump us together. (We're both in trouble, apparently).

I want to quit. So bad. I wish I could just be hired on the spot tomorrow, so I can go into work quitting. But I know that won't happen. I know I'll just have to take it and shut up. Cannot wait for the day I can quit. Thankfully, after tomorrow I have 2 weeks off.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm being spoken to tomorrow at work "about my language". I work Wednesday nights. There's a total of 5 people who talk to me then, and I can guarantee none of them said anything. I don't swear while working anyway. I know it's backlash from a harassment case I'm going through. I know I'm just being lumped with my friend, who is also involved with the case, and who people always seem to lump us together. (We're both in trouble, apparently).

I want to quit. So bad. I wish I could just be hired on the spot tomorrow, so I can go into work quitting. But I know that won't happen. I know I'll just have to take it and shut up. Cannot wait for the day I can quit. Thankfully, after tomorrow I have 2 weeks off.
Eww, boo, no fun :(

I don't get along with people, that's why I work with horses at the track. I have to deal wih very few people in "normal" society & those who I do talk to are cut from the same riff raff mold lol.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just spent 30 minutes with my hand in the garbage disposal fishing out pieces of tempered glass bit by bit. My daughter was cooking some oodles of noodles and had left a glass pot lid on the stove top and it got hot and started to smell. My wife stuck it in the sink and for God-knows-what-reason, ran cold water on it.

At least all of the gook that gets trapped under the rubber flaps is gone now. It was good lubricant for my wrist for a while.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm going to miss my old job. For as awful as it could be, for all the stupid drama and bullshit from the owner, I really loved the majority of my coworkers and the dogs. The dogs are the hardest part. I can still see my coworkers, but the dogs? Now that I'm gone, it's over. Two years of bonding with those dogs and it's all just... over. I've gone through this before; I've worked at 2 other daycares before this one. But somehow this is the hardest.

I have a TON of pictures of my favorites that I sent to myself to keep. I'd love to share some of them + stories with you guys but I have no idea if that's kosher since they're not mine, so I've been erring on the side of caution. I wish I could though.

I guess I'm just struggling with it. I know I made the right decision, but this one is really hard.

crazedACD

Good luck with your interview. Rock it!

Saeleofu

I'm going to miss my old job. For as awful as it could be, for all the stupid drama and bullshit from the owner, I really loved the majority of my coworkers and the dogs. The dogs are the hardest part. I can still see my coworkers, but the dogs? Now that I'm gone, it's over.

I guess I'm just struggling with it. I know I made the right decision, but this one is really hard.
I'm in the same boat. I'm not even going to miss my coworkers, though, except one or two of them (but Facebook, so not really). But the dogs? Heck yes. I've already been thinking of all the animals I WON'T be seeing anymore ever again :( As much as I've been wanting to leave for YEARS now, I think I'll still end up tearing up my last day :(

It's raining apocalyptically here and, naturally, this means my basement is going to be wet. Again. Because its rained ALL THE DAYS here this summer. Forget you, Mother Nature.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, the great garbage disposal incident of 2013 has left a lasting mark on me. I have an area right on the bottom knuckle of my thumb from being rubbed around and around in the disposal opening. I have a nice, big, weeping abrasion making me cringe with every movement of my hands today.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Baindaid brand or cvs brand blister bandaids are a Godsend Eddie. Will take all the weep and pain out of it, and makes a bubble area that protects it from being bumped into. They are wonderful for blisters, but good for what you have too.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Why can't it be my time?!

"This guy has a lot of presence under saddle and would make a fabulous dressage prospect for at least a high intermediate rider."

He will be up for adoption this week. AT THE OHIO FACILITY. Why must they do this to me?!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Why can't it be my time?!

"This guy has a lot of presence under saddle and would make a fabulous dressage prospect for at least a high intermediate rider."

He will be up for adoption this week. AT THE OHIO FACILITY. Why must they do this to me?!
I saw that guy this morning! Gorgeous, but then again, OTTBs have a special place in my heart.

I can understand the nearly desperate want for a horse though. I have many years left to wait until I can own a horse again, because after Indie's death, my parents weren't keen on getting another. It would've helped a lot with the healing process, but it will be worth the wait I hope.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They were supposed to get my dad in for his scopes first thing this morning and now they've pushed it back to the afternoon. So now we have to wait even longer. They're going to call my mom once he's back in his room so we can go over there. One doctor said yesterday if they find something and know what's going on, as long as the blood transfusion is done, he can probably go home today. So we're just hoping they find something.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm going to miss my old job. For as awful as it could be, for all the stupid drama and bullshit from the owner, I really loved the majority of my coworkers and the dogs. The dogs are the hardest part. I can still see my coworkers, but the dogs? Now that I'm gone, it's over. Two years of bonding with those dogs and it's all just... over. I've gone through this before; I've worked at 2 other daycares before this one. But somehow this is the hardest.

I have a TON of pictures of my favorites that I sent to myself to keep. I'd love to share some of them + stories with you guys but I have no idea if that's kosher since they're not mine, so I've been erring on the side of caution. I wish I could though.

This is a decision I've been bouncing around trying to make. My work is driving me nuts, too high of dog numbers lately and not enough knowledgeable staff. The biggest thing bothering me is how tiny our facility is compared to the amount of dogs we take on... But lately we don't turn dogs away? Just stress. Not to mention there are a few people I work with who handle dogs a little harsher than I'm comfortable with, but I won't get into details on that on a public forum. As many things as there are with my work that make me want to run away from there and fast, there is still the side of me that wants to stick around and hopefully help make it a better and more productive place. I do actually like the majority of the people I work with and we are low on employees that are trained as shift leaders and are more dog savvy so I don't feel right leaving just yet especially since my boss is already a bit freaked out that we are losing one of our trainers.

Josh and I are looking in parts of West Virginia at places to live now so if we end up out there I may have to quit anyways. Just a hard decision to make and I do really like my boss a lot and don't want to upset her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GipsyQueen

I am full of dog slobber. -.- Zora barks at me to get my attention, which I complety ignor (unless she needs to go out), because she isn't supposed to bark so much. Now she's gone over to pushing up my shirt (I'm lying on the couch) and licking my stumach. seriously, dog? Ew.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I saw that guy this morning! Gorgeous, but then again, OTTBs have a special place in my heart.

I can understand the nearly desperate want for a horse though. I have many years left to wait until I can own a horse again, because after Indie's death, my parents weren't keen on getting another. It would've helped a lot with the healing process, but it will be worth the wait I hope.
The hardest part for me right now is that we COULD make it work. However, that would mean I would have to give up lessons, and a new vehicle which I desperately need, and a house, and savings... All of our extra money would go into a horse, and it just doesn't make sense.

I hope someday you are able to find a special horse to help fill that hole. :( I know how hard it is to live without your heart horse.

Members online

No members online now.