What Do you think of this breeder

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
They seem to have a lot of dogs... Their health clearances look okay, but Im not too familar with Clumbers and their inheireted defects or problems so I dont know...

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
It does look like a lot of dogs, butuite a number of the dogs they list aren't actually there. Some are retired to pet homes, some are co-owned and living elsewhere at least one is busy being used for Junior Showmanship. On cursory examination they look good to me.

I especially like how they are trying to expand this very limited gene pool- for example they leased a bitch from Colombia, showed her to an American Championship, and are going to get one litter from her before sending her back home. This has to be good for our Clumber gene pool.

MicksMom

I'm not "in the know" when it coms to Clumbers, but I've seen some of their dogs in the Eukanuba shows, and Westminster, too, I think. I haven't really looked at their site, tho.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
It does look like a lot of dogs, butuite a number of the dogs they list aren't actually there. Some are retired to pet homes, some are co-owned and living elsewhere at least one is busy being used for Junior Showmanship. On cursory examination they look good to me.

I especially like how they are trying to expand this very limited gene pool- for example they leased a bitch from Colombia, showed her to an American Championship, and are going to get one litter from her before sending her back home. This has to be good for our Clumber gene pool.
That was my general opinion too ;). I sent them a long email asking all sorts of questions. I won't be able to get a puppy for anouther year and a half. So I have plenty of time to find the "perfect breeder". There is anouther one in West Viriginia I like as well.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Looks like these folks have made a pretty big contribution to the breed. It may not be PC but you are not going to have as much of an impact on the breed...either way...with 2-4 dogs in house and one litter a year. You need to see where you are going and that means having dogs in your yard you can see develop and grow...and monitor their health and development.

This "used" to be the way it was done by and large...until certain dirty words came about. Breeding co-ops and kennels etc.

I'm not saying it's better OR worse now...just giving my opinion. I won't ever have the impact on my breed with 2 girls max...that my friend with 20 dogs will....and that can be good...OR bad. All depends on the individuals.

I try not to judge too much...tho I am as guilty as the next person...lol. But I believe this breeders is trying to make some strides and likely has.

I know a couple Clumber people on some lists I am on...so if there's an area you are interested in let me know...and I can PM you their info.

Members online