Noob collar question

Hey guys, I just today found a collar small enough to fit Java. He's about three months and kind of independent and so on and has never been in a collar before. (You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a small collar in Cairo)

Anyway, do I just stick it on while he's chewing on a toy? Adjust to fit and call it good? Or is there a proper way to do it that I don't know about.

And if he hates it, what do I do? Just leave him hating it? Theoretically he'll get used to it pretty quick right?

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry to always be asking noob questions. But I promise, I have some actual dog books on the way so I'll read those soon. Thanks again.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Just put it on, whenever you want. It should be loose enough for you to get your fingers beneath the collar and his neck, but tight enough so it can't be pulled up and over his head.

He probably won't like it at first and will scratch at it, but he will get used to it eventually.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
I also wanted to add that if you put a leash on him while you are home and can supervise just let him drag it around. Your pup will get use to having a leash on if you let him drag it around during normal play.

Um hey, about how long should the leash dragging phase last? A couple hours, a couple hours a couple days in a row? Thanks again, y'all are great.

Members online

No members online now.