Mark's Holly Bear

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well we picked up the puppy on saturday. I really had no intentions on getting her we were going to see the breeder and meet the female that he planned on breeding next year for the litter we were looking into. Well we walked into the house and two big females come over to us happy to see us like we were long lost friends and then this little puff ball comes running in, following her mommy. All of them were so good with the kids, the dogs, they licked them and even let Emily use them as a pillow. What really caught my eye though was the little puppy never left our side when she first saw Kenny in his carseat she put her two front paws up on his carseat and rested her head in his lap and gave him little kisses. The whole time we were there meeting the adult female this little puppy was following us like we had brought her there. After some discussing in the car and luckily I brought "the book" with me so me and Mark both did temperment tests on her we decided to bring her home with us. We were there for about an hour visiting before we decided and then we were there for another hour getting to know the puppy. I think now that we have her home I know it was the right decision she is a great little girl. She's really good with the kids never jumps or chews (well she chews on her toys and also my socks but never things she isn't suppose to). Hannah LOVES her when they first met they started playing instantly. I have not seen Hannah excited like that in a long time. The breeders did a really good job with her and she is really well socialized and also crate trained and they started on potty training too. When we first got her this was Mark's dog so all day saturday I was saying "Mark, take your puppy out," and "Mark, feed your puppy". Then on Sunday I was saying "I have to take our puppy out," or "Mark, can you feed our puppy?". Then today I was saying "I have to take MY puppy out," and "I have to feed MY puppy." So I have adjusted to her. The main thing is she was already started on housebreaking so she goes out and knows what to do so I'm not standing outside for half an hour waiting for her to go potty. She also sleeps through the night already too. She goes in her crate at about 1 a.m. and will get up at about 7 a.m. and go potty then eat her breakfast, go potty agian a little later, and then sleep for another hour or so snuggled with me in bed. She's a good little girl though and I can't think of enough nice things to say about her. She starts puppy preschool on the 23rd of this month and I'll take her to that so I'm excited about taking her now it'll be fun. I also found a woman in Michigan who is willing help us get Holly involved in different activities and she also owns Berners so she's experienced with them. I have to post a picture of her though because she is just so stinkin cute!

Here she is on the way home from the breeders:

Here she is trying to claim the chair as her bed:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
she is adorable:) how are hannah and her getting along :)
Great! I couldn't have asked for them to get along any better. Hannah has never really gotten along with our other dogs but she did tolerate them (except for Mack she loved him). She is teaching Holly pretty good about being a good dog and they play together so well (no growling at each other over toys). The only time Hannah does not want Holly around is when she's eating and if she comes by her bowl Hannah will give a little growl and Holly will run away quick as she can.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
OMG!!!! You got her!!! YEAH YEAH!!!!!!! She is TOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE her coloring!!!! :D :D

You REALLY need to post more pics....PLEASE!!!!!! :)

I am really glad that all is working out for you and Holly Bear!!!!!! I LOVE her purple collar and leash!!!! They just look awsome on her!!!! :D

More pics.....more pics.......more pics!!!!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
She's adorable, Julie. Glad shes fitting in well.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
OMG!!!! You got her!!! YEAH YEAH!!!!!!! She is TOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE her coloring!!!! :D :D

You REALLY need to post more pics....PLEASE!!!!!! :)

I am really glad that all is working out for you and Holly Bear!!!!!! I LOVE her purple collar and leash!!!! They just look awsome on her!!!! :D

More pics.....more pics.......more pics!!!!!!
I have a couple...dozen more pictures of her that I can post later. I think she is fitting in well with us and it did take me the first day to get excited about her. I didn't hardly do anything with her the first day we had her because I was sort of nervous (that drove Holly NUTS that I wouldn't get down and play and be an idiot like Mark was doing). The next day though I was a little better and gave her a lot of attention (my Hannah girl always came first though she's the love of my life doggy wise). Now today she is definetely NOT lacking in the attention field from me. It's great too because Hannah doesn't mind playing with her so I can give attention to both of them at the same time.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I have a couple...dozen more pictures of her that I can post later. I think she is fitting in well with us and it did take me the first day to get excited about her. I didn't hardly do anything with her the first day we had her because I was sort of nervous (that drove Holly NUTS that I wouldn't get down and play and be an idiot like Mark was doing). The next day though I was a little better and gave her a lot of attention (my Hannah girl always came first though she's the love of my life doggy wise). Now today she is definetely NOT lacking in the attention field from me. It's great too because Hannah doesn't mind playing with her so I can give attention to both of them at the same time.

Aww that is GREAT Julie!!!!!! I am REALLY glad that you got her and she is doing good!!!!! :D

*waits for pics* :D

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Aww, Julie, she's beautiful! I love her! I'm so glad she fits in so well!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Thanks. She's 3 months old. She's inbetween 25-30 lbs. I'll post more later after I lay the kids down. I have a couple dozen of them though.

WOW 3 months and 30lb!!! That is going to be a BIG dog!!! Yeah More pics!!! You can never have too many!!! :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Here's more puppy pictures

here's some more pictures of Holly for ya.

Is she a devil, or an angel, you decide:

Here she is chewing on my sock that she stold from the dirty laundry:

here she is hanging out with Emily. Well actually she's sleeping next to Emily:

Members online

No members online now.