The Venting Thread

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My sister is the same way, very selfish and always out for only herself. She acts like she's 20...she's 43, owns nothing, and acts like my brother and had our stuff handed to us, like we don't have to work for everything we have. It's very frustrating and difficult to deal with.
:( That's no fun. Mine is 17 so I know a lot of it is probably just teenage stuff (I didn't really go through typical teenage behavior, so I can't really relate), but she's just worsening the split in our family. Telling my mom that she's never been a good mother because she is always sick and that she no longer wants to see her. Mom has an autoimmune disease. Srsly?! So because she ends up in the hospital and can't take you to your friends, you are going to throw a fit?

Sure, there were some things that I was promised and we ended up not going because of her illness and I was disappointed... but calling her a terrible mother? Ridiculous. It doesn't help that she is getting everything and anything she wants with no boundaries from my dad. Oh, the double standard just kills me.

I want to help her, but I honestly don't know how. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
One of my coworkers comes in today all excited and showing off pics of his new boxer pup. Who is from a pet store in Longmont, but "she's from a breeder and has papers from Oklahoma!"

Helloooooooo puppymill dog!
Always an awkward moment. "Oh you're a dog person! Look at my new dog! Isn't it cute?! It's SIX WEEKS OLD!" Yaaaaaaay...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Especially when he cares about his hunting dog's lines as much as he does.

Also. It's my day off. It says so on my voicemail and on all the messages I've left this week. It's pouring rain, I'm moving to our new apartment in it and two customers just called and said they're on their way and I have to be there to deliver their cars or I lose part of the deal.

I really hate people today.

:( That's no fun. Mine is 17 so I know a lot of it is probably just teenage stuff (I didn't really go through typical teenage behavior, so I can't really relate), but she's just worsening the split in our family. Telling my mom that she's never been a good mother because she is always sick and that she no longer wants to see her. Mom has an autoimmune disease. Srsly?! So because she ends up in the hospital and can't take you to your friends, you are going to throw a fit?

Sure, there were some things that I was promised and we ended up not going because of her illness and I was disappointed... but calling her a terrible mother? Ridiculous. It doesn't help that she is getting everything and anything she wants with no boundaries from my dad. Oh, the double standard just kills me.

I want to help her, but I honestly don't know how. :(
Your sister will one day look back and realize what she is being like and with luck apologize. My sister has "middle child syndrome" she got the shaft one EVERYTHING in her own mind, our father once said "her memories of how things were are not quite the same as everyone elses are they?".

I don't think one can help her, at that age you know everything, and can do anything and no ne is going to help you realize your still a child. Its sad for you that you don't have her there to go through this with you though :(.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
There is a distinct lack of FUN stickers these days. Hannah loves stickers and each day after she finishes her lessons she gets to add a sticker to her sticker book but just plain old character stickers seem so boring to me.

when I was a kid we had googly eyed stickers, fuzzy stickers, scratch and sniff, etc. Now the only thing I can find like these are "vintage" and I'm not paying $14 a sheet for stickers just because they are old lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My grandma is in the hospital since last thursday and is very very anemic and weak. She's been doing very poorly since my mom passed away. I just have a really bad feeling about it all. :( I am seeing if I can't go down to visit this weekend.

Also my sister's boyfriend's mom passed away. Same kind of brain tumor my mom passed from. Her funeral is Saturday. Hes practically my BIL, they've been dating for years. It's very sad- his mom has been fighting for years and unlike my mom his knew and understood how her health was failing. They've been saying a week or two left since February. I hope she's finally at peace.

I also feel really selfish because one of my first thoughts was that this weekend I finally had a lot of fun things planned- trick dog demo, a&m vs Alabama game, sister in town and we planned sushi/girls night, and then private lessons on Sunday. I know all of that is minor stuff comparatively but I had been really excited for this weekend. Now I'm just drained and sad.

There is a distinct lack of FUN stickers these days. Hannah loves stickers and each day after she finishes her lessons she gets to add a sticker to her sticker book but just plain old character stickers seem so boring to me.

when I was a kid we had googly eyed stickers, fuzzy stickers, scratch and sniff, etc. Now the only thing I can find like these are "vintage" and I'm not paying $14 a sheet for stickers just because they are old lol
Go to a scrapbooking store! You will find more stickers than you ever dreamed possible.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
STRESS. Just got an update from Mike today, and he's still short a minute on his run time to pass his physical.

I swear to God, if he is stuck up there for another two months because of one freaking MINUTE I am going to kill someone.

He needs to graduate. Needs to. Not graduating isn't an option, because then I don't know what I'll do.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
STRESS. Just got an update from Mike today, and he's still short a minute on his run time to pass his physical.

I swear to God, if he is stuck up there for another two months because of one freaking MINUTE I am going to kill someone.

He needs to graduate. Needs to. Not graduating isn't an option, because then I don't know what I'll do.
Can you afford to (able to) send him one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Foreru...78934709&sr=8-1&keywords=garmin+forerunner+10

It has a pace coach. He can practice at (or below) the right pace and it will tell him when he's not running fast enough so he knows to step it up. Generally speaking, run more = run faster, but the pace coach can help too to learn how to push harder.

Sprints, fartleks all over the place, hills if he can... a minute is NOT a lot and he can beat it, he just has to train harder. Honestly adrenaline on the day of might be enough to get him through, but I wouldn't leave it to that.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Can you afford to (able to) send him one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Foreru...78934709&sr=8-1&keywords=garmin+forerunner+10

It has a pace coach. He can practice at (or below) the right pace and it will tell him when he's not running fast enough so he knows to step it up. Generally speaking, run more = run faster, but the pace coach can help too to learn how to push harder.

Sprints, fartleks all over the place, hills if he can... a minute is NOT a lot and he can beat it, he just has to train harder. Honestly adrenaline on the day of might be enough to get him through, but I wouldn't leave it to that.
No, he's on base right now. Can't contact him or send him anything outside of letters. And I don't know how much free time he has to train on his own...everything is scheduled.

Bah, I'm worried about him....he said he's stressed, he sounded stressed, and he doesn't cope with stress well (gets borderline depressive). On top of that he's not getting the sleep he should (said he only got an hour and a half last night) due to the amount of written work he has to do, and he's dyslexic - takes him awhile to get through written work.

I think that's what's worse: he's stressed, has a cold, isn't getting enough sleep, and I can't help him. Me no likey. Rawr.

Having our immediate future also dictated by whether or not he can make his run time is also not a nice feeling. If he doesn't graduate on time his A-school will be severely pushed back, which will not only mess up wedding plans, it may end up meaning an additional six months of him being gone.

As I said. Stress. *sigh*

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I eat Chobani pretty religiously. I love their Key Lime Pie Flip yogurt. Well I'm now sick, and they just had the mold issue where they recalled a bunch of yogurt. Related? What do I do? Wait it out? I feel like ****.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
No, he's on base right now. Can't contact him or send him anything outside of letters. And I don't know how much free time he has to train on his own...everything is scheduled.
I couldn't remember if you were allowed to send care packages. That sucks. =< I mean, at least you can send letters but... that just sucks.

(((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry. I can't imagine how rough this is. And the limited contact thing is probably just making it much worse for you both. Ugh.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Was in a hurry tonight after training dogs. My parents were picking up a pizza. I tried to decide if I could eat the pizza, how much could I eat if I was going to risk it, and how much did I THINK I could eat before getting sick.

I elected to eat two pieces.

My stomach hurts. Really bad.

Not even worth it. Ugh.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I had 0 pairs of pants that were not sweats, so went jeans shopping a bit ago. They are now falling off. Darn it. I was so excited to find them too, it was magic. And now they don't fit without a belt. Boo

JessLough

Love My Mutt
The past-president of my workplace told my friend/coworker and I today that we are causing everybody to quit coming to my work.

Why? Because we asked what he was doing (illegally) behind the bar. He was quite drunk, to make it that much better.

Then, when he come out from behind the bar... we mentioned that he should have shoes on, rather than walking around barefoot. Because I work in a private club, with a dress code, that includes shoes being worn at all time (hello health standard violation...)

Reason #215648631 I wish I could get another job.

Lyzelle

I have times where I am in complete agony....and have no idea why. It isn't ovarian cyst pain. Close, but way more widespread and overwhelming to deal with. No insurance, a job that I have been at for 3 weeks and I am not on tables yet. I have $3 and maybe 4 packages of ramen to my name. And any hospital ER around here will probably kill me.

Because I a) don't have enough health issues. And b) enough going on. Obviously.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am here at the property while OH is in Dallas for three months (which is a *boo* in itself :wall: ) & I am doing cardio, strength training, & running a mile every. single. day. along with AB work outs & I STILL put on a few pounds ... boo ... I hate it, I know other people prolly don't notice, & my regular pants aren't fitting any different, but I notice & I hate it!!!!! >_<. Its not like I am eating bad or anything, I don't eat junky food, all the food we serve here is home cooked & good for you & we don't eat before 7 pm here.

I hate getting old ... I don't burn calories like I used to, plus I am not riding horses here ... which of course if you ride horses you will know that nothing burns calories like that ;)

Members online

No members online now.