Agility training

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I'm having such a fun time training with Jari <3

[YOUTUBE]MTPsyEZ1tRc[/YOUTUBE]

He's not the fastest dog out there, but he's getting more and more consistent and he really seems to like playing the game. This was all after he had worked as a demo dog for my three classes, so he was already a bit tired LOL.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Woohoo! Go Kimma :) She looks great!

I will copy& paste my blog post once I write it this evening LOL! We had SUCH a great time. My heart is actually overflowing with happiness with the little red dog <3

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Penn's steeplechase ..which is pretty much the only entire run Garret got on film. Whatever. It was a good one to get :)

[YOUTUBE]aPIULsalG3k[/YOUTUBE]

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I never did post Mia's Q video. It wasn't very pretty lol so I've been hiding it. But at this rate it may be our only Q....

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
Played in USDAA this weekend....didn't Q but had some great runs otherwise. :)

Here's P1 jumpers from yesterday...standard course time was 36 seconds. We ran it in 17 seconds. :yikes: No Q...two bars down. I decelerated too much coming into a pinwheel and he dropped the bar. Second bar he couldn't get enough lift off fast enough coming out of a tunnel...a big, fast dog problem...

[YOUTUBE]22-pKoCW1SA[/YOUTUBE]

P1 Standard from yesterday...perfect with the exception of him striding over the much smaller than AKC contact zone on the dog walk. Whoops.

[YOUTUBE]cNi0vxZMONw[/YOUTUBE]

P1 Gamblers from yesterday...turned to check in with him on the a-frame. My shoulders were pointed at the off course side of the tunnel in the closing. He read that and went out of his way to get that off course tunnel end. The right end was way easier than what he thought he needed to do.

[YOUTUBE]DidsMl2_bNM[/YOUTUBE]

Standard from Saturday...strided over the dog walk contact again. Tried opposite arm to catch his head...he read my shoulders and flicked off to wrong course tunnel. Oh well...

[YOUTUBE]_0Hijg8fTVU[/YOUTUBE]

We're taking some time off from showing in agility until the end of March...but we'll be training, training, training!

P1 Standard from yesterday...perfect with the exception of him striding over the much smaller than AKC contact zone on the dog walk. Whoops.
That wee-er contact on the USDAA contact can be so hard on the big dogs!

I'm going to buy Marvel's AKC runs from this weekend so I can see where his feet were in prep for USDAA.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We are having contact issues here too. Yes, my 9.5" and 10 year old dog is routinely blazing over contacts. Usdaa contacts but still.

By some twist of fate Summer was the only dog in class today so it was basically a private. She's awesome. We had a fantastic time together and my trainer was very complimentary of us both.

Elrohwen

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I heart Summer. I would take her home in a hot second. I just love the good sweet dogs more than anything.

Unfortunately I ended up with the naughty asshole type. :rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh I have one of both! Couldn't live without either!

Summer is incredibly sweet. And crazy. She is my sanity though on a lot of days.

I just love how agility is Summer's FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD. Nothing, nothing makes her happier or more excited. It's such a joy to run a dog like that.

Elrohwen

Oh I have one of both! Couldn't live without either!

Summer is incredibly sweet. And crazy. She is my sanity though on a lot of days.

I just love how agility is Summer's FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD. Nothing, nothing makes her happier or more excited. It's such a joy to run a dog like that.
Would she like a trip to NY? I could take her into the city and everything to meet all of the people. She and Watson could bond on being red and white spanielly things.

I know there are people who like the crazy dogs, but honestly I like the Summer dogs.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Would she like a trip to NY? I could take her into the city and everything to meet all of the people. She and Watson could bond on being red and white spanielly things.

I know there are people who like the crazy dogs, but honestly I like the Summer dogs.
I may be biased but red and white spaniely dogs are the best. Summer would be up for anything as long as people hold her and pet her all the time. :lol-sign:

I like the Summer dogs too. I think they get overlooked sometimes because they're so easy.

Elrohwen

I may be biased but red and white spaniely dogs are the best. Summer would be up for anything as long as people hold her and pet her all the time. :lol-sign:

I like the Summer dogs too. I think they get overlooked sometimes because they're so easy.
I'm all for the easy dogs. Watson has been challenging in some respects, but easy in others (that I often overlook). At the end of the day, he just wants to sit on my lap and be cuddled and I love that. I love the sweet easy dogs.

Super proud of my sweetie and our baby dog this weekend!

He went 5 for 6 clean over two days in Novice.

Novice Jumpers title, 2 Novice Standard Qs and a Novice FAST Q (he went a-visiting and then was over time on day 1).

No video since I kept forgetting the camera but he looked so smooth!!

(sorry or the shadows. we really wanted to get on the road and stop for coffee!)

Marvel ribbons by silly_wicket, on Flickr

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm all for the easy dogs. Watson has been challenging in some respects, but easy in others (that I often overlook). At the end of the day, he just wants to sit on my lap and be cuddled and I love that. I love the sweet easy dogs.
I am sure Summer would be happy anywhere as long as she got cuddles. Preferably cuddles with as many people as possible.

My trainer has taken to calling her Granny. :rofl1:

I couldn't ask for a better dog.

agility by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Last edited:

iriskai

Mimi was crabby yesterday. She got left at home while Ezra went agility... Ahh the joys of intact bitches. :) Hopefully we're meeting up with a friend on Friday, we'll have the club to ourselves and Mimi can run in her sparkly, ruffled panties.

Ezra passed agility 1. :) He also got the "most improved" award... Silly boy dog. He's actually happy, which I'm thrilled with, and while he still has no idea why we're doing it, he's engaged. That might be due to hotdogs, but I'm not complaining. He starts agility 1 again in 2 weeks.

Also. I'm signing up for two trials. I'm a little... Nervous?!? One is mail in only.. Should I overnight my entries? The other is available on LabTested tomorrow... Ahh!

Members online