Virginia beach?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Anyone ever been?

I'm going to visit the boyfriend sometime in November (am I gonna freeze my butt off? haha I'd love to be at the beach at some point)
Any must see's/do's.. I'll only be there for a weekend!

Hotel recommendations?

Pops2

After all the time up north, it should be from comfortable to slightly chilly. Only occasionally does it get really cold.

Jenne

Ball Thrower
I live in the area and I'm from ct. It's usually 10 degrees warmer on average, sometimes even 15. There is a lot to do, I go to the aquarium and Norfolk zoo, and highly recommend both.

JacksonsMom

I'll be there this weekend :)

But I've been before... but all I did was go to a concert and we stayed in some hotel, nothing special.

I don't think you'll freeze at all, it's warmer there than here (in MD winters).

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
We went there for a day to do car things. Started at a car wash, then some bomb seafood restaurant, then some sort of park. No help at all, really, haha.

CaliTerp07

From a warm weathered California girl to a warm weathered Miami girl--it will be too cold for the beach (assuming you mean water touching your legs), unless there is an unseasonably warm spell. I was there the first week of April this year for an agility trial, and wore a hoody the whole time. All the same, bring warm coats, walk along the sand, and enjoy the quiet of the off season! I'd stay in a hotel right on the water, since rates should be cheap that time of year!

There are several beaches in the area that are dog-friendly in the off season, so Merlin should get a nice romp in if you want to go that route :)

Pits&Pugs

I spent every summer from the time I was born till I was about 12 in VA beach ...most of my family still lives there

It will depend a lot on the weather in November....It will be way to cold to go in the water but probably ok to walk on the beach

the board walk will be mostly closed down by that time but the big restaurants will still be open

Hotels will have good prices that time of year (off peak) so you should be able to find some pretty nice hotels with in a decent price range that you would never find during the summer months right on the beach

lots of good food and music if you know where to look .....my best friend lives there now...I'll see what she recommends

Members online

No members online now.