The Big Chazhound Not-So-Spoilery Doctor Who Thread

Saeleofu

So for those of you who aren't caught up yet, I figured a non-spoilery thread would be nice. So, if you're talking about a major plot point, it would be considerate to change the color to white/light like this: (whatever spoiler, highlight to read) spoiler spoiler spoiler!

Sooooo, have at it!

I'm set to finish Pertwee's run tonight. I know Tom Baker is up next, and I adore him, but I don't want to be done with Pertwee yet. He's full of win. Nevermind all the death references, and watching the Brig and Sarah Jane and Pertwee together and knowing they're all dead in real life, and being on the verge of tears from my real life anyway...there will be waterworks :(

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I can't stop watching the SADDEST TEN MOMENTS EVER.

Like the Journeys End episode. OMFG.

Like dude, I have so many effing mixed emotions about that episode. On the one hand, I was SO HAPPY Rose got 10.2, but it was kind of upsetting that she really really didn't get a choice. I mean, I understand why it ended that way with her, but still. :/ And I felt incredibly bad for Donna. Gah.

Also, what should be considered spoilers? :p I have no clue what goes on in One-Eight, and I don't really mind spoilers from that era, because by the time I watch most of those, I'll have forgotten already.

I really don't want spoilers from Eleven though, because I'm ALMOST ALMOST caught up.

Saeleofu

Journey's End is one of my favorite episodes ever <3

Vincent and the Doctor is another favorite. I tend to like the ones that make me cry like a baby lol. Journey's End, End of Time, Vincent and the Doctor, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, School Reunion, Girl in the Fireplace...

Also, what should be considered spoilers? :p I have no clue what goes on in One-Eight, and I don't really mind spoilers from that era, because by the time I watch most of those, I'll have forgotten already.

I really don't want spoilers from Eleven though, because I'm ALMOST ALMOST caught up.
I'm fine with "spoilers" from the Classics, because I've researched most of them so I know what they're talking about now when they reference the classics. Series 5-6 of the new Who has some HUGE GIANT BRICK-SHITTING SPOILERS in it, and anyone who's seen them ought to know what they are, so SHHHHHH ;) Series 7 is just...confusing...so far.

Journey's End is SOOOO much better after watching Genesis of the Daleks, the first season of Sarah Jane Adventures, and the first 2 seasons of Torchwood. And that's saying something because it's pretty epic to begin with.

You did see the David Tennant specials, right? Seems like when people watch on Netflix they tend to miss those, because they're not really listed with the other episodes. Anyway, if you haven 't, you need to see Planet of the Dead, The Waters of Mars, and The End of Time parts 1 and 2, in that order.

Saeleofu

Planet of the Dead is probably the least important of the specials. you might hunt it down sometime between seasons, but it's not like it leaves a giant plot hole or anything for later on.

I had to watch series 6 2 or 3 times before I understood it all, or even remembered it all. Even now there are things that just don't make a lot of sense or are unanswered, I hope we get more answers later in this season!

When 9 regenerated into 10, I thought I'd never get used to 10. Then when 10 regenerated into 11, I was SURE I could never get used to such a goofy, crazy guy. But lo and behold, I'm actually quite fond of Matt Smith now. This season (7) especially has seen all sorts of stuff, he's better than he's ever been. Every emotion, usually all packed into one episode.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Oh I like Eleven. I mean, he's the Doctor, of course I like him, but I don't love him the way I loved Ten :p At least, not yet. I loved Nine, but also not like I loved Ten, :p it only took me a few episodes to move past nine, but I think what really sealed it was the episode with the Cat Nurses and Cassandra.

I really really like Amy. Rory is a bit of a whiner though :p I'm midway through series 5. I'm excited to see more of River Song too. She's pretty awesome.

Romy

Taxiderpy
This is totally random, but my mom and I sat down to watch Invasion of the Cubes last night. She pointed out that the opening credits are like watching a colonoscopy on fast forward, and now that's all I can think about. :rofl1:

Saeleofu

I really really like Amy. Rory is a bit of a whiner though
OMG I love Rory, I don't like Amy much lol. Amy - "WHAT DO WE DO DOCTOR, DOCTOR WHAT DO WE DO??!1?!!??"

Now River. River is pretty badass. I love River. I cry whenever I watch Forest of the Dead now :(

This is totally random, but my mom and I sat down to watch Invasion of the Cubes last night. She pointed out that the opening credits are like watching a colonoscopy on fast forward, and now that's all I can think about.
Someone pointed this out to me when I was in season 5, and it's all I can think of during opening credits. Cloudy colonoscopy lol.

So I finished Pertwee last night and then started Robot with Tom Baker. I never realized it before, but I see a lot of Tom Baker in the way Matt Smith portrays the Doctor. Tons of humor, but still capable of being serious, heartbroken, and downright angry. There's a lot of Baker in Tennant too, just not quite to the extreme as Smith.

I think Tennant's so lovable because he puts everything he has into the Doctor. I mean, this is the little kid that basically said "When I grow up I want to be the Doctor" and was an obsessed little Whovian, and then he indeed became the Doctor. If you haven't seen the short Time Crash yet, you need to see it. It's pretty **** epic -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g

Then, he became the ULTIMATE Whovian by marrying the woman who played his daughter in an episode, who is in fact the daughter of Davison (the 5th Doctor). So the Doctor is married to the Doctor's daughter who played the Doctor's daughter and now the Doctor's father in law is the Doctor :rofl1:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Then, he became the ULTIMATE Whovian by marrying the woman who played his daughter in an episode, who is in fact the daughter of Davison (the 5th Doctor). So the Doctor is married to the Doctor's daughter who played the Doctor's daughter and now the Doctor's father in law is the Doctor :rofl1:
Brain just melted. Brb. :p

That was a brilliant short! And so sad. But happy. :)

Saeleofu

I'm finishing Series 5 right now. AHHHHHH
WOOT WOOT. Now you have 3 days to finish it, series 6, and the first 4 episodes of series 7 and you can watch the mid-series finale on Saturday when it comes out :rofl1:

Also, be prepared for a brain explosion.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I think it just did. So not going to make it to Saturday. I'm working tomorrow, going to a baseball game Friday evening, and volunteering Saturday afternoon. But anything is possible :p

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This is totally random, but my mom and I sat down to watch Invasion of the Cubes last night. She pointed out that the opening credits are like watching a colonoscopy on fast forward, and now that's all I can think about. :rofl1:
Someone pointed this out to me when I was in season 5, and it's all I can think of during opening credits. Cloudy colonoscopy lol.

ALSO. THANK GUYS. Really APPRECIATE THAT. :p

Saeleofu

ALSO. THANK GUYS. Really APPRECIATE THAT. :p
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I just finished watching The Eleventh Hour for like the millionth time. It's not one of my favorite episodes, but apparently there's a hint in there for this week's episode. I have a ton of theories, but I don't know which way he'll go with it lol. But anyway, OMG MATT SMITH LOOKS LIKE A BABY! I didn't realize how much older he looks this series, and it's only been 2 years. He does a fantastic job of playing the old man even though he is the youngest actor for the role yet.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Weird. I feel like I just watched that one too :p

I really really want to be caught up and finished by next weekend. If I don't have to work Sunday I just might be.

Saeleofu

Well, if you're not caught up by this Saturday, you have until Christmas. This weekend is the mid-series finale, and then it doesn't pick up again until the Christmas special :(

I don't know how much you know about series 7, but (sort-of mild spoiler but not really) if you get caught up by this wekeend we can watch and sob uncontrollably together :rofl1:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Can I just say again, I absolutely ADORE RIVER SONG. She's freaking amazing. I can never ever watch Forest of The Dead the same way again. And I cried the FIRST time, without even KNOWING who she was!

Saeleofu

Oh just you wait, it gets better. Much, much better.

And River and Jack totally need to be together in an episode or twenty.

Saeleofu

Ok, so you know that feeling right now? That's how ALL of series 6 is :rofl1: I was sooooo confused lol

Members online

No members online now.