New Puppy - Name?

autofail

So if you didn't catch my introduction post, hi!

I'll be getting my first puppy, my dream puppy, this upcoming Thursday, a Silken Windhound. :D

At five weeks

At ten weeks

I'm so lost on what to name him. xD So, I'd appreciate suggestions!

His litter theme was gold, so his registered name is Olympic Gold - but as much as I'd like a call name that matches, I honestly can't think of one I like that goes with that.

All of my previous pets have all been given names that have some sort of geek reference, mostly either from video games or books. And I really like short names, or names that can be shortened easily. He's going to be my sports dog. :D

Suggestions that I've liked have been:

Tavi
Zekk
Valentine (Val)

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Or, if you had to pick one of those three, which one?

Also, any first puppy advice would be greatly appreciated! He's due for his last puppy shots on the 23rd, and we're signed up for puppy classes in January. :) Socialization advice during winter in Oklahoma (just moved here a couple months ago) would be nice. xD

BostonBanker

Oh my gosh, what a cutie!

I am terrible with names, but I had to publicly drool on the puppy :D. I think I'd be looking through lists of former Olympic gold medalists for ideas, but then, I like people names for animals for the most part.

I like Tavi best of the ones you posted. What sort of sports are you looking to get him into?

I'm still fighting my way through life with my first puppy, so I always look forward to having others to commiserate with!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I like Tavi.

And OMG squeeeeee. Seriously.... I don't even know you yet, but you have no idea how much I already love you for posting these pics. I'm a sighthound fanatic and absolutely LOVE Silken Windhounds. I told my hubby we WILL own one one day... After we get our Ibizan Hound pup next year.

milos_mommy

Apollo! It goes with the theme of Olympic as in the Greek way, but could also be after Apolo Anton Ohno, the figure skater.

autofail

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

@ BostonBanker, our training center does rally, agility, and, on occasion, flyball, so we'll probably check out all of those at some point. :p I wish they had coursing events in my area, but I can't seem to find any. Anyway, we'll see what his love is. :)

@ skittledoo, sighthounds are my main love. They're just perfect for me, and I love the Silken size, coat and temperament. Ibizans are super gorgeous! I can imagine how excited you must be! :)

@ Moth, thanks! :)

@ ~Dixie's_Mom~, Oly is actually the name he's been called while he's at his breeder's house. :D

@ dignity, thanks, I thought so!

@ milos_mommy, thanks for the suggestion! I've used the name Apollo before, though. :(

@ Scooter, Jupiter is super cute!

@ DogKisses, thanks for the suggestions! I love the name Riot, but I'm not sure it's for this dog. Maybe the next. :p

@ JessLough, brilliant! :rofl1: From what I've heard of sighthound puppies, I may be saying that more than his actual name. :rolleyes:

@ Baxter'smybaby, thank you!

@ MandyPug, the whole litter is unbelievably gorgeous. They're beautiful dogs.

@ AussieAshley, thanks! He's going to be so full of himself. xD

Yeah, I'm adding in my vote to Tavi. I think that's a great name, I really love it.

Also, he is so so SO super gorgeous!!

Doberluv

Oh wow! He's really, really pretty and ohso cute! I'm not sure about a name. I'm not very good at that. Maybe wait and see what kind of personality he has or what would fit hm to a T. (?) Best wishes. I bet you're beside yourself with excitement.

Members online

No members online now.