Please help me identify this breed

pitbulliest

Wow that's a tough one...I do see maybe a bit of staffordshire terrier or american pit bull in there..its hard to say...but the short flopped ears look exactly like my dog's, and so do the shape of the eyes...she's a pit *shrugs*...hmm, I really don't know...I wanted to say lab but the pointed muzzle just doesn't fit...and labs tend to be stockier looking...maybe some shepphard?...lol wow, you've got quite a mix on your hands huh?

Wow, you've really got a mix! She's a pretty dog. The spots on her muzzle kind of make me think there might be a little bit of Border Collie in the mix somewhere, but very little judging from how smooth her coat is. The coat is almost smooth-Terrier like, and the eye markings could be from any (or many) of several different breeds.

How big is she, and what kind of personality does she have? Does she exhibit any herding traits?

She's a real beauty, whatever her background, though. If she's yours, I hope you have many years together ahead of you. If you're thinking of adopting her, well, just looking at her, she looks like a good, calm and relaxed dog!

ears and coat kinda look like they would feel like a beagle or hound. of some kind.. that is a realy beutiful dog.. .. have u named it yet. .?

A

an5gel99

maybe a mix with a jack russle and a beagle or some type of hound. the vet may know. p.s cute dog

More on: help with identifying this breed

Thank you all for you responses.

The reason why I'm trying to find out about the breed of the dog on the picture is that the dog on the picture looks identical to my dog. When I was browsing the internet to find some pictures from Slovakia I came across this website and found the picture of the dog that looks just like mine. I got my dog from an animal shelter and it wasn't quite clear what kind of dog she was, or what kind of mix. The similarity between the two dogs is so amazing that it makes me think it's some kind of a breed.

This is the link to the website where I saw the picture:

and this is a picture of my dog, her name is Tora:

or http://www.toddanddotty.com/tora_1.jpg

If you look at the two pictures side by side you'd think it's the same dog. Is this a breed or could it be some kind of coincidence that two mixed dogs could look exactly the same??

Thank you for your suggestions.

Katja

Saje

Island dweller
Wow. They do look alike. I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what kind of dog it is. Sure is pretty though.

Oddly enough, it's entirely possible for mixed breeds to end up looking very similar. For years, there were all sorts of these cute little mutt dogs running around (I even rescued one and brought it home - I told my Mom I thought he was a Corgi - ;) ) They had short little legs, were the color of peanut butter, sharp snouts, tails that curved slightly over their backs, white vees on their chests, and they ranged anywhere from 10 pounds to 40 pounds. And they all looked just alike! They were everywhere, not just in one neighborhood or even one county. No one ever had a clue what kind of mix they were.

Sakasha

Sheltered
Wow. Speaking of mixes that look the same ...we have a dog at work (Jack) who also looks almost identical to both these dogs. The only difference is that his hair is a little longer. I believe we have Jack down as a Noufie/collie X. However, it's hard to tell size from pictures, so I'm not sure if your dog is a big as Jack. I'd take a guess that he's a hound/collie X ...maybe?

Members online

No members online now.