Crazy Cesar Lover! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Well... I was at the dog park earlier with a friend, and we brought Fozzie. There was a man in a smexy Hawaiian shirt, with a Border Collie mix who was ball-obsessed. He was probably, like 40-50.

He came up and asked about Fozzie, and talked about his dog, and I mentioned that I had a BC. He asked why I didn't bring him... and I told him about how Gonzo herds other dogs, and is fearful of some. He says, "Watch the Dog Whisperer on the Discovery channel... it will solve all of your problems." And I replied, "Uh... yeah... I don't exactly agree with Cesar Millan, and I don't think it would work for him, but thx." And he says, aggressively, "OH, BUT IT WORKS FOR EVERY DOG!"

Ugh.

So I told him I'm not into using force or fear to control my dogs, but whatev. I tried to drop it, and hoped that he would go away. But no. He goes into how Cesar is a GOD, and his techniques work for every dog because he makes himself an "alpha wolf", and of course about how Cesar NEVER uses force. And I'm like, "Yeah... well... I've seen him pin dogs and strangle them with chokers. It's not my thang." And he says that's just him acting as a dominant wolf would, they pin each other and strangle each other all of the live-long time. Then I mention that Cesar isn't a wolf, no matter how much of a GOD he is. He says, "Then, how did Cesar get a red-line (what? red-line?) Pit Bull to be the leader of his pack?" And I try to end the conversation, by saying how I just don't like seeing people come to the dog park and emulate Cesar by pinning their fearful/aggressive dog and letting dogs surround it. And he goes, "WELL, that's why the show says do not try this at home!".....

"Then, why should I watch the show and use his techniques, if you aren't supposed to try them at home?" Sheesh. Some of these people are really scary. It's like they're in a Cesar Millan cult. Whatever, if they want to ruin their dogs, but don't pressure me into doing so, too. >:[

B

Backward_Cinderella

I wish Cesar Milan would just drop of the freaking planet. How did an asshole like that get a TV show?? *Is completely annoyed* I ripped into someone two weeks ago about pinning their dog like that and she goes "Well Cesar Milan does it." And I said "Well Cesar Milan is an idiot and a joke. Do you WANT your dog to be terrified of you?" end of conversation.

-_-

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Werd!

The thing is, they act like Cesar is some revolutionary figure... I hate to break it to them, but people *ahem*morons*cough* have been using fear and physical punishment to "train" their dogs for a long time, it's nothing new. It's nothing that hasn't been proven ineffective and wrong by countless educated trainers and behaviorists.

Besides that, if I were to use practically ANY of his techniques on Gonzo, he would never forgive me. It would just break his heart, he's a sensitive and insecure dog as it is, without me hand-biting him.

B

Backward_Cinderella

It always makes me wonder, when I meet these people, what my fosters and what Bobsie went through before they came to us. Bobsie flinches every time you raise your hand (Its gotten better, but I don't know that it will ever entirely stop) and we've had some fosters that will just flat out run from us. :(
I'd like to have a show about kicking CM's a$$. "This is how we deal with egotistical jerks." *Ties up and abandons in closet for a few days*
God I'm horrible.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
ROFLMAO!

You aren't horrible! That sounds like THE BEST television show, ever. : D Can I be the co-host? We can "Punk" Cesar Millan in every episode... running up to him in the street and pinning him down on his side until he becomes "calm & submissive"... violently pointing and "tshhhh"-in at him... stringing him up by a choker... poking and grabbing at him... amazing.

Maxy24

Isn't it strange how cult like they are? I'm on a Victoria Stillwell forum and some guy was criticizing the show. In the episode their was an aggressive dog who feared (and acted aggressively because of this fear) men and dogs. So Victoria had men walk by and toss chicken on the ground. They actually got to the point where a stranger could kneel down and put out their hand and the dog would approach and take the chicken. He also stopped lunging and freaking out. When they encountered dogs they used a command to gain attention and gave a piece of chicken when the dog looked up at her. It also worked great. During the half hour show they never got to the point where the woman was walking all five dogs together (it had only been two weeks and that would have been way too much at this point).

Now this poster was saying how they were giving chicken for bad behavior (lunging at men and dogs...even though he had to sit before he got any chicken around dogs). he believed that if they walked by a man who would not produce chicken the dog would get angry and attack him.
Then he said "the dog walks in front which is unacceptable" which is where I concluded that he was a Cesar cult member. he continued saying that they never walked all five dogs together as a PACK and that they need to be a peaceful pack and favoritism should not be shown by walking one alone (WTF, they were training him not showing favoritism). He says when you have this many dogs and show favoritism the pack picks up on it and will think less of you as a leader. he says the pack leader does not reward the vicious member of his pack and that the pack leader never rewards with food.

He never mentioned Millan but GOD did he ooze with his stupid methods and I called him on it and I was right, they are just so easy to pick out.

It's almost as if Cesar has trained them like he trains his dogs..all assimilated minions who cannot do anything but repeat exactly what Cesar has forced them to think.

mrose_s

BusterLove
you know I've never seen his show, so I started searching on youtube, I was like "yeah yeah, this all looks good" with the not looking at the dog etc etc untill I saw a clip where he was "fixing" a DA pitbull.
He forced her straight in within a few mteres ofa stable dog, everytime she reacted he'd roll her over and hold her down till she was just too exhausted to move, it was one of the most awful things I've ever watched. It relaly disgusted me and still makes em feel sick to the stomach.

I do believe some of his stuff could help a lot of issues, but I think he should stick to little issues like jumping up and keep his nose out of the business of dogs with serious behavioural problems.

I can't imagine pinning Buster to the ground around anotehr dog, I know his aggression is deep routed fear, how would his method help at all?! It would stress him to the max, break our trust bond and probably amplify his issues 1000000000 times.

B

Backward_Cinderella

ROFLMAO!

You aren't horrible! That sounds like THE BEST television show, ever. : D Can I be the co-host? We can "Punk" Cesar Millan in every episode... running up to him in the street and pinning him down on his side until he becomes "calm & submissive"... violently pointing and "tshhhh"-in at him... stringing him up by a choker... poking and grabbing at him... amazing.
Absoltuely! Sounds like the best premise for a show I've ever heard of! :)

mom2dogs

Wait Cesar ISN'T a God?? But he's the DOG WHISPERER!! Look how the dogs "respect" him after each episode... doesn't matter what would happen in a few days, weeks, or months when left alone with the owners.

Pffff, whatever people :rolleyes: :yikes:

(and I want a show showing the dogs a few months after Cesar's visit)

Dekka

Just try me..
Wait Cesar ISN'T a God?? But he's the DOG WHISPERER!! Look how the dogs "respect" him after each episode... doesn't matter what would happen in a few days, weeks, or months when left alone with the owners.

Pffff, whatever people :rolleyes: :yikes:

(and I want a show showing the dogs a few months after Cesar's visit)

Yes that would be very interesting.

And I would love a show that punks mr milan.

But then again he is the man 'who put dog training back in the dark ages' so umm go him :(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
ROFLMAO!

ROFLMFAO.I don't know why people act like he's a god. . .Maxy's right, it's like some sort of bizarre cult, like they're in on the meaning of life and training our dogs to be guides to the gates of heaven and we're not allowed to be in on it unless we all :hail: Cesar.

I wish Cesar Milan would just drop of the freaking planet. How did an asshole like that get a TV show??
:yikes: B.C. :yikes:

I'm curious what drives judgemental people such as yourself to hate and wish people death.... especially since you've never met this person face-to-face. Might want to investigate the way you point fingers, as when you do so, there are three fingers pointing right back at yourself....

Mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:

adojrts

I highly doubt she meant what you are implying, speaking of judgemental lol.
I highly doubt that most sane people wish CM any actual harm or demise.
But it would be nice if his program and methods could be stopped or just go away, considering all the damage it causes............

hey, do you have some kind of warning system on your pc???? considering that the only time you post is when CM is mentioned :rofl1::rofl1:

B

Backward_Cinderella

:yikes: B.C. :yikes:

I'm curious what drives judgemental people such as yourself to hate and wish people death.... especially since you've never met this person face-to-face. Might want to investigate the way you point fingers, as when you do so, there are three fingers pointing right back at yourself....

Mod edit
When did I ever say I wanted him to die??? I NEVER said I wanted him to DIE. Dropping off the face of the planet is not the same as dying. What other celebrities have just disappeared? THAT is what I meant by "Dropping off the face of the planet". And I agree with Adjorts. WHO'S judgmental??

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I like his principles. I really do. Exercise, training, then reward and all that. Be leader of the pack, be assertive - yes yes yes.

Not sure about all his techniques. I don't like those so much.

Angelique

Nothing more fun than an ignorant Cesar bash-fest. :hail:

Actually, almost all of the anti-Cesar hatred is being spread by a small, yet very vocal (and evangelical) cult-faction withing the dog "training" community...the "Positive Onlys/Purely Positives/Dog Friendlies". :yikes:

For comments regarding the source of the fearful, closed-minded, cult-like nastiness, I recommend reading the following observations from other experienced professionals who have a few comments of their own to share:

From Roger Hild, founding member of the APDTs' sister organization the Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers (CAPPDT) in Canada, and member of the International Association Of Canine Professionals (IACP):

The International Association of Canine Professionals An organization which supports Cesar. :D

Please, take the time to read all of the "Interesting Articles", and pay particular attention to the article "Plan B - Kill the Dog" and "Cults in Dog Training?" on Roger's site:

Tsuro Dog Obedience Training and Canine Behavior Consultant

The following is a series of articles exposing the "Dog Friendly" cult movement for what it is:

Mannerly Mutts Dog Training York Maine: Truly Dog (Friendly) Dead's Canine Professional Cert(!?)

From everything I've uncovered, most of the propaganda is being spread by Jean Donaldson, Pat Miller, fellow APDT members, and their faithful cult followers.

IMO, anyone who has to take up this aggressive crusade of malice and misinformation rather than educate on the benefits of their preferred method is unprofessional, scared, and sad.

Bash on little Cesar haters, bash on. :popcorn:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Or the people who...you know what, never mind. I have better things to do with my time than sit here and aruge for the umpteenth time about the pros and cons of jerking and throwing your dog around and calling it training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.