looking for a fun sport for my dog

Hi,
My name is Amber and i am new to the forums. I have a five year old pomerainian who is full of love and energy and I am looking for a fun sport or activity that we could do together. With him being five years old already i know there is probubly not much he could do, but i'm not looking to really get into the competitions much, just to have some fun and bond with my baby. i'm just not sure what would be a good sport for me and benji.

he is a very very energetic dog. he loves attention and is fairly good at obedience but not great. He loves to run and play, especially with tennis balls. He is also an amazing jumper, in my oppinion anyway. He can jump rigt over the baby gate in my house without a problum and he is always jumping into my arms. He can get tired kind of quick though.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what might be fun for me and him to do together? He lives with my dad and i live with my mom so I don't get to see him every day, and I'm only 14 so I can't really spend a lot of money on classes or anything. Also, I don't have any experence training. I know there is probubly not much we are qualified for, I'm just looking to have fun.

shyeow2

Shirley from Malaysia
since your dog luv ball, flyball could be a gud sport, but u mentioned u not alwiz with him, and flyball need a team to play, so i guess the best u can start up agility with him..
try build simple equipments and teach basic commands like 'over'.. stay.. tunnel... i guess you no need to hv fancy equipments, simple will do, like few cardbox can make a tunnel.. a long stick/ pipe can b a jump poles.. when u are very sure u luv the sport u can then start build a better equipment. just my suggestion.. :)

Members online

No members online now.