Witnessed a bad car accident today!

JacksonsMom

AGH, I can't get it out of my head! Everyone was ok, as far as I could see, so that's good!

I was in a bad accident almost 3 years ago and it was almost identical so that's why it shook me up more.

I was pulling up to a light. It's a four way intersection... not SUPER busy, but can be somewhat traffic heavy. Anyway this was at 3:30pm.

I was behind a pick-up truck at a red light. Our light turned green. He kind of waved the person that was headed the opposite direction (facing us) making a left hand turn... he waved her on to go ahead and make her u-turn (as our lane hasn't started moving yet- JUST turned green).

Well... there is 2 lanes. So the lane right directly next to me... this car just comes FLYING ... and it's a GREEN light, so I guess he just assumes no cars would be there, and I just held my breath, winced, and was like OMG because it was that feeling of, you knew what was coming.

BAM, they collided right in the middle of the intersection and the one car went flying (not like in the air, but it slid really far) and the horn was blaring off.

God it was just horrible to witness, and the noise (the awful noise that happens in a bad crash) that was the noise I couldn't get out of my head after my accident, so to hear and see it again, just brought it back. I was shaking.

I pulled over, but there was about 4 other cars pulled over as well. I was somewhat in the middle of the road, so didn't want to get myself hit, so I decided to go ahead and keep heading home, plus I had Jackson in the car, etc. I probably should've stayed, but it seemed like they had enough witnesses and all were okay. I talked to a woman who said 911 was called.

But gahhh, that is why I NEVER go flying through a light that just turned green. You never know what stragglers are still going through and whatnot!

Just so scary!

DJEtzel

Oh gosh! I'm so glad no one was hurt and I'm sorry it brought back such thoughts for you. :(

I saw a fresh accident last year driving back from Indy in July... a motorcycle was merging onto the highway and hit gravel. No helmet law. His shirt was ripped off his body, his head was cracked open... blood everywhere. I'll never forget that. No first responders yet, but I made sure 911 had been called and carried on. No idea if he was ok or not... he wasn't moving. :/

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am so sorry you had to see this and relive it.

This is a good reason why road traffic laws are in place and we need to follow them despite wanting to be nice. I get being polite and waving someone through... I do it lol but really it is risky to be a good samaritan on the road and ignore the rules of the road.

JacksonsMom

I am so sorry you had to see this and relive it.

This is a good reason why road traffic laws are in place and we need to follow them despite wanting to be nice. I get being polite and waving someone through... I do it lol but really it is risky to be a good samaritan on the road and ignore the rules of the road.
Oh I know. I'm always nice in the car and let people go, but only in certain situations. This was not the road to do it on! I feel bad cuz that guy in the truck probably feels guilty.

I always refuse. I've had people wave at me and tell me 'go ahead' and I'm always like 'no thank you' and shaking my head no lol. i HATE that and I refuse to go when I can't see what is on the other side.

JacksonsMom

Oh gosh! I'm so glad no one was hurt and I'm sorry it brought back such thoughts for you. :(

I saw a fresh accident last year driving back from Indy in July... a motorcycle was merging onto the highway and hit gravel. No helmet law. His shirt was ripped off his body, his head was cracked open... blood everywhere. I'll never forget that. No first responders yet, but I made sure 911 had been called and carried on. No idea if he was ok or not... he wasn't moving. :/
Ugh horrible. My accident involved a motorcycle and it was very traumatic. They survived thankfully. Mine was a bit more technical though, it was technically both of faults, kind of confusing situation, but ultimately I got the blame... ugh, because I was making the left hand turn, but he went flying through light when all other lanes of traffic on his side had stopped. Never even saw him. But gosh it was just horrible. I still have anxiety while traveling in vehicles.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh I know. I'm always nice in the car and let people go, but only in certain situations. This was not the road to do it on! I feel bad cuz that guy in the truck probably feels guilty.

I always refuse. I've had people wave at me and tell me 'go ahead' and I'm always like 'no thank you' and shaking my head no lol. i HATE that and I refuse to go when I can't see what is on the other side.
Oh man I know what you mean. There is an intersection here that is horrible. There is an intersection here that is HORRIBLE for accidents. You can't see what is coming from the left turn lane and WHAM almost daily

Glad to hear they were OK. When I was a teenager we saw a cyclist get hit by a car and he did not make it. Died on the scene and we were directly across the intersection from where he was hit. The cops barely spoke to us and I think moved us on quickly because we were a car of terrified kids. I was in the back seat and did not see him get hit, but I remember him laying on the ground.

Members online

No members online now.