Week 2: Portrait 1/6 - 1/12 (52 Weeks 2013)

Saeleofu

Take a portrait of your dog! Remember traditionally a portrait is focused on the head/face - you can certainly have your entire dog in the picture, but show us those fuzzy faces!

Pintage

Mountain Dawg
I JUST acquired my first DSLR camera a few days ago. I took hundreds of pictures of the family dogs at my parents' house... I think this one is my favourite. Her name's Mrs. Spoon, she's a BC-mix that I adopted from the Hawaiian Humane Society ~10 years ago. I really wish I had chosen a better background, but I adore this photo cuz her face looks so expressive here and I love how warm her eyes look.

Katalin - my beloved Kuvasz <3.

She's goofy, kind, tolerant, and sweet - yet fiercely defensive, sensitive to her surroundings, and fearless.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
REMINDER: Pictures, I do believe, have to be taken within the time frame of the week.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I like the flikr idea!! Can we upload them all every week to facebook to their own album?? It would be pretty sweet to have an album of them all..
those who would like to opt out could just put a note on their weekly pics..

Saeleofu

REMINDER: Pictures, I do believe, have to be taken within the time frame of the week.
Although this is the general idea, it's really up to each individual. It's more of a challenge to take fresh pictures every week (and that is what I will be doing), but make of it what you want :)

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Little Bubbles. I just LOVE her face and expression.

I also took this not in all auto, but don't ask me to remember what I did LOL. I'm trying new things, slowly but surely :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor is all about confidence and eye intensity. He is soft and supple and imo glorious. I thought this kind of caught all of that. At least I hope so.

milos_mommy

Pintage, that picture is fantastic! Do you have a lot of experience shooting with a dSLR, even though you just got your first one?

I sort of wish I took one of not Milo's face last week. I guess this week I'll either just try for a similar shot with improved focus and whatnot...or get one of Benji.

Snark

Mutts to you
Smkie, that portrait of Victor is GORGEOUS! Love the shadows, the dark background and shooting him from below eye level in a 3/4 view. I hope you frame this!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice

Since I normally take a lot of straight on portraits, I figured I'd do it a teensy bit differently.

It was meant to have her looking at the camera, but I kind of like it. If you look towards the ball (where the majority of the focus is), you can see its reflection on the tile.

From this morning.

He says, 'you with the face, I don't know what you're saying. I'd like to understand, but you make no sense. Why would we want to go in?'

My little puppy: fiercely independent, loyal, loving, super smart, cunning,affectionate and incredibly fiesty LOL. And to think she looks completely serene in this pic hahaha.

Members online

No members online now.