Crate Suggestions

My mom has a dog. Well, if you ask her, Netti isn't her dog, just a dog she is testing out. Netti's owners gave her to the county dog warden a week about 2 weeks ago. She is a 3ish year old Catahoula or Catahoula mix, about 55-57 lbs but kind of over weight.

Anyway, Mom says Netti isn't her dog, she hasn't adopted her yet, but we all know better than that. I told my mom the day she brought the dog home that she wasn't going to be giving her back. Netti's two biggest problems are
1 - she doesn't like being left alone
2 - she is smart

Mom has a few different crates that she has picked up over the years at garage sales and flea markets. I have a 36" PetEdge, my sister has a 40" and mom has 2 - 42" crates. This silly, smart dog of hers knows how to get out of a crate. Mom said when you put her in it, she systematically tries to move the crate and slip out the bottom, or the bottom of the door, or something. She is also able to bend the metal bars on one of the crates.

Does anyone have any suggestion on escape-proof, solid, indestructible crates? Mom said she is will to spend a few hundred (that's how I know Netti isn't leaving).

Taqroy

A friend of mine has one of these for her escape artist german shepherd mix. Prior to this one he chewed through the lower half of a bathroom door, 3 wire kennels and a plastic kennel. The only problem with this one is that he drools excessively in it (massive separation anxiety ftl) and because they don't wipe it down enough it's starting to rust. Other than that she says it was worth every penny.

ETA: They've had it for at least two years now. Maybe three. And even with the rust it's still in great shape.

thanks guys. I don't think she needs to contain a dragon, but that crate is awesome.

She has not tried a Vari-Kennel yet.

She did say she wants it to be portable. Like the collapsible crates, so she can bring it with when she visits me, or we go on vacation, etc.

Members online