Limit news

FG167

Took Limit to the sports vet today because of some negative feedback I'd been getting on his structure/running/jumping. WE ARE CLEARED TO DO AGILITY!

There are some temperament issues to work on but I saw some strides today and I'm hoping with consistent out of home training, they will dissipate!

We also confirmed that we need not get Steele's teeth cleaned, that our supplements are good, that the exercise/care etc are good, and that Limit is one happy, healthy, ready to go dog, that is in extremely good shape. They said that his rear is extremely well put together and that he has excellent range of motion. He's spazzy, crazy, and needs to learn control and how to manage his own muscles We are also going to start titering the dogs asap, and switch back to more raw if we can.

Good good stuff!

FG167

Thanks everyone!!!

He was SO GOOD. I still can't get over it. There were FOUR strangers, plus Jason and I in this tiny room. I brought a ton of treats just in case but only ended up using a handful to show off his tricks (he shook both hands, spun into heel, sat and downed, did frogger, and crossed his front feet). He crawled in everyone's lap that sat down, licked their faces, poked in their hair. He was a little squirrely at first about getting the physical but the vet just sat on the ground, hanging out for at least 30 min, talking about my goals/concerns. Then he was TOTALLY fine for the entire physical after that - they checked all of his pulse points (said that he has a PHENOMENAL pulse, she even had one of the techs feel it because they don't get dogs that great in shape very often), rotated all of his legs/joints, checked lungs/heart/mouth/ears/eyes, took his temperature...He was SO GOOD. I am actually choked up even remembering it - I need to hang onto this thought when he's struggling over being nervous on something I feel he shouldn't be. He was just soooo good. He was sweet, goofy, funny, affectionate. She said that she's happy to see a dog a year old with such a good sense of humor and that she hopes I continue to let him have it :D Of course I will! He was good in the waiting room even with all the people/dogs/cats. I'm just...so pleased. He was ZONKED when we got home and took a nice long nap. Tomorrow, we start jump training!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
That's awesome! I can't wait to hear more about his future sport endeavors now that he's in the clear. :)

Members online

No members online now.