usual cost for nail clipping?

Debi

what do you pay your groomer for having the nails all clipped? I just don't seem to be doing well with trying it myself, so I am taking my GSD to the groomer. I have a few numbers to call today, but thought I'd ask what is a 'normal' fee so I know if it's a good price they quote. I have no idea, as we've never gone to a groomer. he would only be having nails done..no bathing or anything. thanks! :)

bubbatd

I've had Ollie's done once when I went in for normal checkup --$15.

Debi

I was gonna have the vet tech do it, but we won't be able to get to the vet's for a couple weeks. that is also an hour drive, and I found a couple groomers pretty close. I'm hoping they have after work hours or Sat. since the truck is still at the body shop. thanks!! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
$15 or so...sometimes less, sometimes more depending on where you go and how cooperative Hammie is.

Our spa charges $10 for nail trims. The last grooming place I worked at they charged $5 which was crazy as everybody with NASTY dogs would come to us because it was SO cheap.

Abby

Debi

thanks again everyone! I just needed sort of an idea. I don't mind paying whatever it takes, and I left a message with the groomer closest to me. I hope it works out well, so I can take him often. :) I do NOT like long nails. lol Addie's are always little nubbies cause she digs all the time, so I'm not familiar with nail clipping. one thing I know now, tho, is I suck at it. :)

Toller_08

I don't pay for my dogs to get their nails done, but the people I know who do take their dogs places pay anywhere between $10-$20 depending on the difficulty of the dog.

ACooper

wow, 15.00-20.00? Yikes, guess I was lucky! My vet does it at no charge if we are in for something anyway, and the Groomers (the gold clipper here in Laporte) only charged 8.00 and Orson has black nails, which I have been told are hard to do :confused:.

I dremel now, but I just had it done as recently as 6 months ago so I doubt it went up THAT much since then, LOL

black nails really are not all that hard. I had a lady come in once, she was so scared I wouldn't be able to do her dogs nails cause some were black. She said her vet had even told her that her dogs nails were extremely hard to do for some reason. They were just regular nails that I cut like any other regular dogs nails. you jsut need to learn what to look for. Do I quick some dogs, sure I do. I try to get the nails as close as possible cause most people don't get their dogs done often enough so I need to do them short for the dogs comfort. 99% of the time the dogs don't even notice being quicked.

Chikadee77

I do grooming for military dog owners and charge $2.00 for small dogs and $5.00 for large dogs. Most of the grooming shops around here charge $10-15.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
I do grooming for military dog owners and charge $2.00 for small dogs and $5.00 for large dogs. Most of the grooming shops around here charge $10-15.
I support the military... do I get 2 dollar clippings? LOL.

j/k (obviously) thats very nice of you!

I think 15 is about average here but I have never gotten only that done since all my dogs need full groomings.

Members online

No members online now.