Differences between house dogs and working dogs...

Kayla

Differances between house dogs and working dogs...

...working dogs come to work of course;)

*continued*

Last edited:

Kayla

"Oooou whats this?"

Last week at work after mentioning how much progress Duke has been making in terms of gaining confidence to my manager, the topic of upping his socialization arose. We discussed the possibility of bringing Duke with me on my double shifts during the day and today marked his third shift. He comes every tesuday and wensday with me from 9-4 at which point i bring him home on break.

So far he's adjusted very well, the first shift my manager was great and asked me if I minded leaving him around the front part of the shop with him so he could get used to being with other people and still feeling secure, especially males. I agreed after showing him what hand signals I use for different commands. Duke was anxious at first but by the time he went home was in love with all of the staff and got a very positive feedback from customers who he know enjoys greeting when they come up to pay.

Best of all he's behaving so well and really seems to enjoy the sense of being given a job to do, and seems to think it's his store.

All he needs now is his own work shirt and he's on pay roll lol.

Kayla

Romy

Taxiderpy
That's great! I'm glad his confidence has improved so much. He's adorable! So is that snake by the way. :D Is it a red tail? hard to tell from the picture.

Kayla

Thanks Romy, she's actually a dumeril boa, a very docile one at that, I own a few snakes myself so Duke's already used to them and absoultly seems to find them fasinating and loves when we bring him little animals for him to sniff.

That sounds great. Thats a great way to build up confidence. I wish I could bring my boy to work, but I dont think a tax office would be as fun (I HAVE brought him in to the office, after hours while I am closing up and my ride has brought him in the car, but dont tell the manager, the other workers know and love it), It may though make people more relaxed as most are stressed out in the place while waiting lol

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Oh I'm glad he's doing well :) I should post some pics of Sierra at work with me. She's good in the store for the most part, but she gets over stimulated sometimes and gets really wound up if there is a lot going on (or a lot of other dogs in the store).

I'm working at our Cobourg store tonight and she's coming with me, she tends to be better behaved there for some reason. That and if she's misbehaving or really wound up I can put her in with the daycare instead of tying her behind the counter, which helps :)

I'll get some pics tonight to share.

Members online

No members online now.