Can someone please help me with this question?!

Jerilyn

I have a 9-10 year old dog, and she has a curled toenail. The one that doesn't touch the ground when she walks, and how it is.. is it's curled then there's a redish bump then the side of the curled nail goes into this bump, I was wondering can i cut it myself or should i take her to a vet/grooming place? .. she doesn't seem to be in pain, she just licks it all the time ... Please help!! :( :( :(

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
can you see the quick and how far is it in the skin
if it is just touching and you can see the quick take a pair of dog nail clipers and cut it above the quick but when in doubt go to thwe perfesionals

Jerilyn

you can't even get nail clippers under the nail, it's in so far,, i just dont want to pay alot for it if i could of did it myself. Cute dog's! :)

Jerilyn

Also i have another question..

Is the red bump from irratiation or could it be something else? :confused:

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
I'd go to the vet to get it cut. I just went to the vet and got my dogs nails trimmed today.It cost $10 but that was at PetsMart

Jerilyn

ah I didnt notice her nail curled in cause i dont cut them? .. and we took her to the vet and shes fine :D

Saje

Island dweller
Glad she's ok. Nails are a pain w some dogs but it's really necessary to keep on top of them. As you now know ;)

Members online

No members online now.