Questions for bully & APBTA 'type' owners

cliffdog

Where the hell do these people live where 9 out of 10 people walking their Pit Bulls are "covered" in prison tats? And walking with your pants sagging makes you a non upstanding citizen? Ugly clothing fad != not an upstanding citizen. If that was the case, all of you people who wear those hideous Crocs are screwed.
LMAO!!!!!! Agreed 100%.

kady05

Yeah, that.

I will say, I watch all of the hog hunting shows on TV. I think it's pretty neat to watch the dogs work. But I find myself saying all.the.time.. "Why don't they just sit out with a rifle and shoot them?" or, "Why don't they just set a big trap and catch 20 at a time and be done with it?"

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Yeah, that.

I will say, I watch all of the hog hunting shows on TV. I think it's pretty neat to watch the dogs work. But I find myself saying all.the.time.. "Why don't they just sit out with a rifle and shoot them?" or, "Why don't they just set a big trap and catch 20 at a time and be done with it?"

Supposedly they are super creatures that cannot be shot. They are like the Chuck Norris of animals. Nevermind that there are guns that kill elephants. You need to hunt them with dogs, knives, and testosterone. It's the American way.

kady05

Supposedly they are super creatures that cannot be shot. They are like the Chuck Norris of animals. Nevermind that there are guns that kill elephants. You need to hunt them with dogs, knives, and testosterone. It's the American way.
:rofl1: That literally made me LOL. Perfect!

Miakoda

Actually, there are people who hunt hogs with rifles. They find a clearing, they dump a bunch of feed out, and they go sit hunkered down in a blind to get ready to start picking off some hogs. That's really playing fair, isn't it?

No one said hogs can't be shot, but an elephant a much easier target considering its size, speed (or lack thereof, and the fact it lives on savannahs. And no one in their right mind is going to break out a rifle to shoot a hog with dogs, and other people, in such close quarters.

But if you are not a hunter, then I suppose you won't ever get it. It's not about chugging a 6- pack and watching 10 dogs kill Wilbur, from Charlotte's Web, while we sit back and laugh before smearing ourselves with blood and engaging in Neanderthal-style chest thumping.

But I suppose the dog fighting argument has been won, so now it's time to take the next step and go after hunting with dogs, so that, too, can be banned. All for the breed's sake, of course.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
No one is saying anything against hunting, except that dogs are not necessary to hunt. You can hunt, and hunt well, and fairly, alone. Even against hogs.

Also, exceptions will be made for Bacon. As always.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Actually, there are people who hunt hogs with rifles. They find a clearing, they dump a bunch of feed out, and they go sit hunkered down in a blind to get ready to start picking off some hogs. That's really playing fair, isn't it?
If we're hunting for pest control do we really need to play fair?

No one said hogs can't be shot,
Actually it's another common misnomer but I'll give you that no one said that in this thread thus far.

And no one in their right mind is going to break out a rifle to shoot a hog with dogs, and other people, in such close quarters.
Why are there dogs around if we're considering the alternative of strictly gun hunting?

But if you are not a hunter, then I suppose you won't ever get it. It's not about chugging a 6- pack and watching 10 dogs kill Wilbur, from Charlotte's Web, while we sit back and laugh before smearing ourselves with blood and engaging in Neanderthal-style chest thumping.
I don't think it is but damned if you don't have a lot of hog hunters who embody that. Sadly people will put anything on youtube today.

But I suppose the dog fighting argument has been won, so now it's time to take the next step and go after hunting with dogs, so that, too, can be banned. All for the breed's sake, of course.
I have no interest in banning hog hunting, I don't see the sport in it exactly but I realize it can have its place in pest control.

cliffdog

It's not necessary, no, not at all, but it is indeed a valuable and effective way of hunting hogs, and that much cannot be denied. But I guess if you think dogs are only good for snuggling up on the couch and winning ribbons then fine, you're right, we don't need working dogs in America... let them go extinct, don't ruin them by turning them into nothing but showdogs and pets.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
And return of the Ribbons are so easy to achieve and sporting dogs are a lesser dog to a "working" dog.

From someone with how many titles and accomplishments?

It gets very old.

Lets be honest, there is a lot more that goes into sporting than you have any idea of.

Validity of hog dogs was just stated as "unless you're a pack hunter..." In the "from the outside looking in your can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it" mantra, so lets take a step back from demeaning sporting dogs.

Members online

No members online now.