Premade raw brands

Bailey08

Mary Straus's site says that NV seems to have more fat than they disclose: http://dogaware.com/diet/rawfoods.html. I don't know if that's true -- she also says that the Primal varieties all use heart as the protein source, and that's not correct. I do avoid NV though.

Bailey is tricky bc he has a poultry allergy (chicken and turkey) and he doesn't do well on high fat meats (digestive issues). We do mostly Primal -- lots of venison and rabbit, some pheasant and quail, with some beef and duck mixed in. I also really like the Northwest Naturals bison bars for him. I like S&C's fine; their varieties just don't work for my dog. I also liked Paw Naturaw, which you can get on Amazon, but they do mix proteins now and don't really clearly disclose that, so I've pretty much stopped.

It's freaking expensive and here's hoping puppy does better on cheaper varieties, lol. I'm considering getting some stuff from the local raw co-op to mix in, at least for her.

Fwiw, my 40 pound dog eats half of the Primal recommendation. He has a slim build and I try to keep him lean (but def not underweight).

Grab

I just switched Nog to NV as he was having some allergy issues (however, I am not sure if it was a food related issue or something outdoors, as it's getting more pollen-y). He's doing great thus far. He's 7 lbs and I'd started with the recommended three medallions, but not sure if that's too much? I know I never feed as much as the bag suggests for kibble, but wasn't sure how accurate the raw diet suggestions were.. It seems like a lot of food, but what do I know, lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've been feeding mine less and they are maintaining their weight really nicely.

I'm really liking the S&C's and they seem to as well. I like that it's a lot less vegetables than the Primal.

Members online

No members online now.