Mix breeds

Solstice

Roxy and Dixie
Ok, so you've all been talking about purebreds, but what about mixes?? I think that they are just as good a dog as any other
I have 2 mix breeds, a lab mix and a golden retriever mix. they are awesome dogs.

-Laura

joce

I've got a beagle terrier mix thats a sweetie :) Can't stand that people mix them though :mad:

Ash47

Taco Dog
I have a Black Lab/Chow mix and a Pekingnese/Shih-Tzu mix. Both my cats are mutts also, but I don't think that was the question! ;)

Fran27

I have a mix too. No clue what he is, the rescue said bluetick coonhound/lab but he looks more like a shepherd/border collie mix, or lab/sheltie or something... He's only 5 months so it's hard to tell, but I think he will have medium length fur. I love him to death (he's the black/white one in my sig).

bubbatd

I agree... there's nothing wrong with mixed breeds...just the owners who produce them !

LeoAussie :)

My best friend is furry.
I've never had a mixed dog because, I've always gotten mine from breeders. I agree that the people that mix them are a little annoying, but theres nothing wrong with the dog. I love all dogs no matter what shape, color, or size.

My cats on the other hand, have always been mixed.

I've got two mixes...a canaan/terrier mix and a shepherd/collie mix. I've also got a purebred chocolate lab :) All rescues.

bubbatd

If you want a mixed breed , go to a rescue or Humane society ....NEVER buy from the breeder ! You're just feeding their pocket book !

Ash47

Taco Dog
bubbatd said:
If you want a mixed breed , go to a rescue or Humane society ....NEVER buy from the breeder ! You're just feeding their pocket book !
Echoed here! My mixes were freebies. "The best things in life are free." Hmmm, never thought about it, but that saying does apply to my pups! Except Roxy, but she is just as priceless. :)

Members online