Meg got some more letters

BostonBanker

Meg and I just got home from our first trial in a couple of months, and she finally finished her Performance Dog I title. The Gamblers class had eluded us all along, as Meg hates working away from me, but we finally managed to Q (and win the class!). She also got her first Q in a PII level class in jumpers.

We had a wonderful Standard run going today. Our contacts are finally holding up in trials (she never misses them anymore, but hasn't been holding the 2on/2off). She held both the dogwalk and the a-frame, let me front cross, and then waited for the release. Then she came out of the chute, trotted out of the hot, sunny ring to lie down in the shade of the tent, and grinned up at me very pleased :rolleyes:. She's a special one!

She is now Random Rescue Meg, CGC CP1 PD1. I think. I'm still trying to figure out how to list the titles. I am impatiently waiting for the photographers to start posting pictures from the weekend!

BostonBanker

Wonderful ... now add a TDI !!
I would LOVE to; it's what Meg was born to do I think. Sadly, the only local therapy dog group refuses to allow any dogs that have been fed raw meat or eggs in the previous six months:rolleyes:. And I refuse to screw with what I think is best for my dog's health just so she can be a therapy dog. They are willing to test her so she can have the title, but since they wouldn't allow her to actually work as a therapy dog, I don't really get the point.

I'd also love to get a TT on her, but I don't know enough about it yet, and when I looked for places that would test, nothing was remotely close.

So, we will continue to plug away at our agility titles for now. When she gets older and I (hopefully) have a younger dog running agility, we may try for some rally or obedience.

adojrts

Thats AWESOME :hail: huge congrats..........whoohoo.......and no missed contacts!!! Looking forward to seeing those pic's.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Congrats! I see your located in Vermont, do you have goto the Muddy Paws CPE trials (if you do CPE).

BostonBanker

I do some CPE, mainly because some of my good friends prefer it, and I like to trial with them. I haven't done Muddy Paws; a friend went last year, and wasn't impressed with the site. The only CPE trials I've actually done have been the Breeze-Thru ones in southern Vermont. I've liked all of the ones I've been to there (three, I think), but I think they are "between facilities" right now.

Thanks for the congratulations - I will pass them on to Meg if she ever wakes up!

Dekka

Just try me..
Whoot go Meg (and you.. it takes to do agility)!! Please post pics as soon as you have them!

Members online

No members online now.